1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 56th Meeting
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:08 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
General Clan Meeting
Where, when and RSVP: 56th Meeting - Calendar

EgN Members, recruits and supporters are invited and highly encouraged to attend. It would be highly appreciated to RSVP for the event (using the website's calendar) by EgN's leadership, even when not attending. So that we way know and have record of who to expect.

As usual there will be a general discussion pertaining to our clan's current state, as well as to our future. Concerns will also be addressed. Additionally we'll discuss our new CS:GO server.

Server managers: please try your hardest to attend!

Please make sure that you have:
- Read the in-meeting expectations, over here.
- Posted your thoughts as to what should be discussed during the meeting, in this topic.

I posted this a bit late, oops.

Sorry Doldol, I'm in your post editing your stuffs.
And last but not least is EgN'S Halloween Movie Night #4!

In our lovely Gmod Cinema! Image

This Saturday the 25th, 7:05PM CST. I will be hosting the last Halloween weekend movie night, I will be doing 2 movies.

Who knows!? Maybe Kharn knows? I doubt it though.
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

Social 
 Post subject: Re: 56th Meeting
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:30 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19133338
Doldol wrote:
- Posted your thoughts as to what should be discussed during the meeting, in this topic.

[

Can you pencil me in for 5 minutes? I would like to have my monthly bitch about how the bait rule needs to be changed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:48 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6214645
Location: 가까이 다가가고 싶었지만 가까이 다가갈 수 없었습니다. 내가 가까이 다가가면 다가가는 만큼 그대가 멀어질 것 같아서.
I have been playing JB a lot so I think this should be added to JB.

At the beginning of every round in JB, all T's should be muted until orders are given, and if the WARDEN can READ, T's will be typing "repeat" and the warden will happily repeat his orders. so the CT's/WARDEN can give orders without all the T's talking over the warden. Even i always see "TALKING OVER WARDEN WILL GET YOU MUTE/KICK/BAN" I think that will stop T's from just keep on talking over the warden.

I think the BAIT thing should be discussed a lot also. Most CT's do not even know what bait even is. I see T's get killed when a CT just random runs into a T that is already knifing. Bait should ONLY be on head for sure. I got killed multiple times for it because CT's assume T's are rebelling if we are slashing them. I mean if T's are just standing there and slashing slashing slashing and a CT decides to run by and gets hit, that T should not be killed for it unless that T starts to slash onto that CT when that CT was already standing next to that T.

So yeah, I think adding some sort of rule by muting all T's in the beginning of every round will reduce the amount of freekills in the beginning because T's and also CT's would be able to hear orders and T's should be unmuted right after order has been clearly said. I think the only downside to this rule is if the warden cannot read his chat or he is blind from the amount of repeats that are being spammed in chat.

Another rule that I do not know if it is in the rule book or not is "T's cannot be muted for a long time". when T's are muted in the middle of a round, it is impossible for them ask for repeats when a WARDEN asks them to crouch or to keep jumping. How are T's with mics that are muted suppose to type "REPEAT" when they have to do something else while crouching or constantly jumping?! Most of the time during a Simon Says game, a T would ask for a repeat because some dumb CT is shooting his gun on purpose while Simon Says give orders. T's do not have enough to time type REPEAT for those kind of situations.

**MOST FREEKILLS ARE FROM CT'S WHO CANNOT READ "REPEAT" THAT ARE FROM CHAT**

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:05 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:2412356
Chips_aHuy wrote:
At the beginning of every round in JB, all T's should be muted until orders are given, and if the WARDEN can READ, T's will be typing "repeat" and the warden will happily repeat his orders. so the CT's/WARDEN can give orders without all the T's talking over the warden. Even i always see "TALKING OVER WARDEN WILL GET YOU MUTE/KICK/BAN" I think that will stop T's from just keep on talking over the warden.

-This is a nice idea, take into consideration that some CT's don't give orders for like 30 seconds; this would defeat the whole purpose of the muting process. Once everyone has become un-muted I can guarantee everyone will start to talk at once, then we'll probably be kicked for "buffer overflow".

Chips_aHuy wrote:
Another rule that I do not know if it is in the rule book or not is "T's cannot be muted for a long time". when T's are muted in the middle of a round, it is impossible for them ask for repeats when a WARDEN asks them to crouch or to keep jumping. How are T's with mics that are muted suppose to type "REPEAT" when they have to do something else while crouching or constantly jumping?! Most of the time during a Simon Says game, a T would ask for a repeat because some dumb CT is shooting his gun on purpose while Simon Says give orders. T's do not have enough to time type REPEAT for those kind of situations.

-Admins have been taught, if you're going to mute someone, mute the individual that's talking, not everyone. This would stop the problem of everyone becoming unable to ask for a repeat.
-If you're asking for a repeat in a game like Simon says, you should consider turning up your volume. When you ask for a repeat in a game like that, it delays the whole game and messes it up.
“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:32 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:86271854
Taking girlfriend out for a meal and staying in a hotel will not be attending. Sorry.
Barnsley Born
Barnsley Bread
Strong In Heart
Good In Bed

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:33 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6214645
Location: 가까이 다가가고 싶었지만 가까이 다가갈 수 없었습니다. 내가 가까이 다가가면 다가가는 만큼 그대가 멀어질 것 같아서.
Barnsley wrote:
Taking girlfriend out for a meal and staying in a hotel will not be attending. Sorry.

ooooooohhh :P

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:51 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
I'll be trying my best to attend today, but you're right. This was fairly short notice.

I'd like to discuss the possibility of adding in another CS:S server. Mostly to balance out the surplus of GMod servers. I was thinking more along the lines of a default rotation server (again), or adding another type of gamemode, like Zombie Escape, or Surf, or hell, even Gungame. Although to be completely honest, I have doubts we'll be able to add another CS:S server for quite a while. Although... what happened to the events server? If that's not in use, it could be changed into something else, and when we do have an event, change the server to the events server, with a name of "Temporary events server" (with the tags and everything else that is on our server names of course).
Beep boop.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:53 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:191443213
Xanderian wrote:
I'll be trying my best to attend today, but you're right. This was fairly short notice.

You realize we have a meeting at the end of every Month on a Saturday right?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:40 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41288240
Going on a field trip to an aquarium for my AP Bio class over the weekend, hope you guys have fun though.

I humbly accept this signature from KingOutLaw, thanks buddy!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:14 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61594940
Skycapz told me to tell you guy's he won't make it

Field trip to aquarium for his AP Bio class

https://www.redditgifts.com/?inv=CMv5 Join reddit gifts and get free items but you do have to send back gifts or you'll get penalized
After reading every EgN Post

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next