Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Taking Warden Solo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:50 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Sly wrote:
Central wrote:
Huh? There was only one CT on the team, and the only one who could warden in fact. If you remember before we had this plugin, it was a fight to get warden, continuous talking over each other. This plugin solved that, and in fact I see it if only one CT on the team alive, why waste that time and type !w when there's no one else to take it? I get that it's to get people in the order of doing it, making it continuous, but at the time depending on if they actually are giving orders but didn't do !w as the only CT, then should the be an issue? Should I stop and say "Oh, all your orders are invalid, you didn't take !w" when as essentially their the only CT and still doing their role by maintaining orders are given(?). I might be wrong, but this is how I see it, and really, it's still progressing the round. By stopping them and forcing them to type !w I'd see that not progressing, as it'll just disrupt players. "Oh, but I'm the only CT? Why would I need to take warden if there's no other CT to take it?"

by this logic.....why make people take warden when there is multiple CT's playing but it is clear who is giving orders?
or when no other CT has a mic, why should he take warden?

the plugin is meant to give clarity of who is warden and who gives orders, it's meant to be used.....
and why waste 1 second (or no waste of time at all if u have it binded) on typing !w, right?
not like it makes it clear orders are valid and that the T's have no way to argue about the reason to kill or that they got freekilled.

and if they dont feel like giving 1 second for typing !w they don't deserve warden in my opinion, not that much to ask, is it?
and i have told people multiple times to type the !w so he can give orders and it never really disrupted the game/round since the players did the orders anyway. it's just a detail to make sure no confusion is caused.
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:54 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Sly wrote:
I think we need this to be more clear because i hear people say that you dont have to, and i dont really have any proof of it.
Even central said: "(ALL) EgN-S| Central: Personally, I'd say they don't have to because there isn't any other CT who can take the warden anyways" so i just wanted to make sure because it sounded like he didnt know the answer exactly aswell.

not to throw central on the bus. But the phrase "i've asked a staff and he/she says its okay to do" is already echoing in my head on this matter :)

I'd say for the sake of being consistent you should be taking warden even if you're the only person alive/on the team. Any T that is killed can argue you weren't the warden, because when they did !w it said there was none.

So yes, take !w even if you're the only CT there.

It takes almost no time to write !w (especially since a lot of people just have it bound to a key now). For consistency of the rules (and not adding exceptions in every single new scenario) if you don't type !w, you aren't warden.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:01 pm 
Community Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Central wrote:
Huh? There was only one CT on the team, and the only one who could warden in fact. If you remember before we had this plugin, it was a fight to get warden, continuous talking over each other. This plugin solved that, and in fact I see it if only one CT on the team alive, why waste that time and type !w when there's no one else to take it? I get that it's to get people in the order of doing it, making it continuous, but at the time depending on if they actually are giving orders but didn't do !w as the only CT, then should the be an issue? Should I stop and say "Oh, all your orders are invalid, you didn't take !w" when as essentially their the only CT and still doing their role by maintaining orders are given(?). I might be wrong, but this is how I see it, and really, it's still progressing the round. By stopping them and forcing them to type !w I'd see that not progressing, as it'll just disrupt players. "Oh, but I'm the only CT? Why would I need to take warden if there's no other CT to take it?"

The !w plugin was added to address who is / was warden at the time. It's the only thing on the server that addresses who the warden is removing the "I'm warden" factor. Typing !w in chat takes half-a-second, so don't necessarily see it as wasting time. To come from your understanding, yes, if you're the only CT alive and/or on the team then it should be without question who the warden is. But if we're basing it off the plugin, and why it's there, the T's technically have the right to refuse to follow orders. The middle is the safest place to be, so why not stay there. Don't try to reason around something that can easily be done in the matter of seconds.
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:02 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Needy wrote:
Central wrote:

The !w plugin was added to address who is / was warden at the time. It's the only thing on the server that addresses who the warden is removing the "I'm warden" factor. Typing !w in chat takes half-a-second, so don't necessarily see it as wasting time. To come from your understanding, yes, if you're the only CT alive and/or on the team then it should be without question who the warden is. But if we're basing it off the plugin, and why it's there, the T's technically have the right to refuse to follow orders. The middle is the safest place to be, so why not stay there. Don't try to reason around something that can easily be done in the matter of seconds.

Okay, I understand that now, thanks Needy!

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:03 pm 
Community Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Central wrote:
Needy wrote:
Central wrote:

Okay, I understand that now, thanks Needy!

?
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:30 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
!w
simon says lock thread
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

New Topic Locked  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2