New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Question about unfair LR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:21 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:73025945
Scenario: A T has LR and wants to do a shot4shot
They use the !lr plugin and the plugin decides that the CT shoots first
The T starts saying rules about the s4s, and in the rules the T declares "I shoot first"

I'd say that calling that rule is complete bs and they're not allowed to do that. Making it so the T can say he goes first every time in a s4s seems like it would mean every time the LR would be unfair, which is likely the reason a random selector was put in the plugin.

If the CT doesn't waste the bullet to give the T the first shot, is the CT in the wrong?
Central claims that the T is allowed to do that and make the Lr unfair, countering by i gues trying to catch me out and say that it wouldn't be unfair if the T chose the CT to shoot first, even though that would still be unfair but i don't think CT's would call unfair Lr if they were allowed to shoot first.

You can see my conversation with central Ctrl c v in the spoiler but I wasn't confident in his answer and wanted to ask what everyone else's thoughts are.

Spoiler: Show

Social 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:42 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
The lr plugin picks a person to start completely random without any other bs involved.
That's the only valid way to have a person to start chosen.

The T ahoulsnt be able to say whatever he wants about "I go first" ,that would be an unfair advantage he gives himself over the CT.
That advantage can easily be avoided by letting the game pick
As it should be in my opinion.

And as the rules state "unfair or can be refused", and deciding u take first shot purely by your decision makes it unfair. Only fair way is let the game choose
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:59 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40875182
Well to be very blunt with you, this is how or has been done for ages, ts make the rules and sometimes even cheat at their own game. But who cares? If the or becomes impossible to do or unfair. The ct has every right to tell the t to pick off. But the rule " I shoot first" neither of those problems come into play., the game doesn't become unfair and the lt definitely isn't impossible to be done. It's a game of skill and you just have to do better than the guy on the other end.

Spoiler: Show

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

“Don't get mad, get even.” ― Robert F. Kennedy

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not too sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

"This is a community wartheft, think of the otters :<"-Simplistic

Ash stole my profile picture so i stole his signiture

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:58 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Dave wrote:
Well to be very blunt with you, this is how or has been done for ages, ts make the rules and sometimes even cheat at their own game. But who cares? If the or becomes impossible to do or unfair. The ct has every right to tell the t to pick off. But the rule " I shoot first" neither of those problems come into play., the game doesn't become unfair and the lt definitely isn't impossible to be done. It's a game of skill and you just have to do better than the guy on the other end.

I'd say the in most cases your riggt and it doesn't matyer although technically it still is unfair. Problem only gets worse when the T adds things like in a small room, no jumping, no crouching, ect.

You could probably tweak the rule to make it a bit better but keeping Lr's strictly fair doesn't seem like a problem imo, maybe someone could convince me otherwise tho.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]