Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:40 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
koolaid wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:
koolaid wrote:
Primary, secondary, melee starts at a 33% chance to live with the first T, and increases to 100% after 3 T's have been called on, even without hints.

If you just randomly guess, yeah, you only have 33% chance...but that's your fault for not paying attention.

Since the first T has a lower chance to survive than the other Ts, I would play a game prior that forces the first T to be first, avoiding possible claims of unfairness.

edit: In b4 yiggles says I have to explain probability to everyone otherwise what I just wrote is wrong :roll:

No, you're wrong because somehow you know what is randomly chosen after 3 people ahead of you, with 100% accuracy? The warden switches between primary/secondary/melee. There's no way for the 4th T to play in this game is going to know what the Warden is holding. Also, don't bring your childish insults here... especially when you're still wrong.

Thanks.

Yeah "somehow" :roll: Maybe pay attention to the Ts answers before you? Or to the ones who guessed wrong? Or listen to your headphones? The warden IS standing right behind you..

Yiggles is right here tho.
1. The warden would need to stand really close to u in order to identify the gin he stopped at and even then that sound would be overthrown by ct's moving around or switching weapons themselves or even shooting.
2. How can u know what gun the warden is holding based on previous answers if the warden switches his guns?
No offence but your response didn't make any send a to me personally. U will always have that 33% chance of surviving and nothing more.

Yiggles Moto wrote:
Terminator wrote:
what's in the box gives u the ability to anticipate the category that is forbidden. if u go 1st u have a "big" chance of chosing the wrong thing and die. at the end u probably have a 90% chance of surviving depending on how many people went before u.

This is easily solvable by just not killing anyone until everyone gives their answer, which is how I play it. Let all the Ts answer, then kill the ones who did it wrong.

True, was just referring to the way this game is ussualy played on the server
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:41 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
koolaid wrote:
Spoiler: Show

Yeah "somehow" :roll: Maybe pay attention to the Ts answers before you? Or to the ones who guessed wrong? Or listen to your headphones? The warden IS standing right behind you..

The answers before you are independent of what is coming next? You can't hear when or what weapon they are switching to. If I give you a die and tell you to roll it 6 times, will you 100% be able to determine the 7th roll?
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:50 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
Terminator wrote:
Cooper wrote:
There isn't really any rule against it as long as there isn't any favoritism. As long as all the T's have the same options, all have to participate, and all do/don't get hints it isn't considered favortism. Pretty much as long as they all have the same odds of winning (ex. 33%).

The argument that "this game kills a lot of people so it's stupid" is pretty weak as well especially if you look at the fact other games like Simon Says, Parkour, Whats In the Box, map games, etc., all can do the same thing. If your problem is the luck aspect of it then should we ban roulette and four corners as well? By this reasoning, it really also prevents the game from falling under the asshole rule since other allowed games have the tendency to ultimately do the same exact thing as PSM.

It can be frustrating to lose in games like this, but at the same time if everything was based purely on skill jailbreak would be relatively boring and have less variability. There is more to jailbreak than skill and personal ability and if you really want something to be completely based on skill there are other game modes like deathmatch and such that will fit that criteria much better.

i agree there isn't a specific rule against the game, but u can't seriously compate this game with simon says, parkour or what's in the box.simon says and parkour are skill based, u need to think fast,have fast reaction,good timing,anticipation, etc...
what's in the box gives u the ability to anticipate the category that is forbidden. if u go 1st u have a "big" chance of chosing the wrong thing and die. at the end u probably have a 90% chance of surviving depending on how many people went before u.

and how would u compare it with map games? most map games are based on skill: hot potato,colours,breakfloor,traitor,jumprope,wipeout,....

there are very few based on luck like four colours and roullette. and even with those u decide your faith yourself by playing more and more.
don't believe that? four corners is a game that is on alot of maps and when u go in first time u have a 25% chance of falling down, then depending on if warden let's u change corners u have a bigger chance everytime u change since it is very rare that the corner collapses 2 times in a row.

sure it's still 100% chance based, but the chances vary based on your descisions during the game (just like colours or breakfloor as u chose where to stand and risking not being able to make it on the right block in time)

roulletteworks the same. roullette pitt/game on lego jail has a big chance on landing on red. so depending on wether thewarden says "the colour it lands on dies/lives" u can chose your faith by taking the risk. u think it will land on red and take the bigger chance together with most T's? or wil u chose blue with a few T's and take the risk of not surviving the game?

sure it sucks to lose in a game like that because it kills 80% of the T's most of the time.
1 round can be "fun" playing this game, a second round might be ok aswell, but if u,as a warden in all rounds, do this game 3 or 4 rounds on 1 map it proves u are incapable of having variating rounds and games and shouldn't be warden.
it's the point of going to LR, but does it have to happen purely by luck? purely by you as warden getting kills just because they said u had a pistol out instea of your knife?

this is just my opinion here, but if u have nothing else to do exept for "say what im holding in my hand, if u are wrong u will die" then just go to T please

and reason i play jailbreak (to answer the "other gamemodes based on skill") is because it combines aspects of every gamemode in the game.
if u rebel u have a "deathmatch" gameplay with the CT's,if u follow orders u have a jailbreak gammode, if u play a game u have a "minigame" gamemode and so on....

that's why i play jailbreak, if i want somebody just killing people without anything else i'll go play zombie mod. that's more suited for that

You miscomprehended most of what I said pretty hard. When I compared it to other games I was specifically addressing how the arguement that the game is dumb because it’s killhungry is invalid because the games I was comparing it to do the same exact thing. I never was referring to HOW they killed but HOW MANY.

There is ultimately no difference in this game and roulette aside from the odds (50/50 vs 33/33/33) and the fact each t goes one at a time. The only time where there is a difference is very specific instances where the roulette is designed to have a better chance on one side. Same goes for Four Corners and similar. Your entire point based on the same corner not falling twice is wrong simply because that’s not how luck works and instead based on superstition. If the game actually has 25% odds it will always have those odds if the game is designed correctly, the same corner can and will fall twice in a row, it’s just as likely to go a second time as it was to go the first. In PSM you can still pick your fate, you just aren’t visually picking a flashy color or square to stand on. So at the end of the day your problem really has to be with luck based games as a whole if this is the case.

To simplify the “role of a T”, you have two basic choices; rebel and risk getting shot or obey and hope you win/survive. If you rebel you are putting yourself against the odds and using skill (most of the time) to try to win the round. If you obey you have to subject to the warden and do what they tell you, whether that be luck based or skill based, luck is apart of the game.

As for the game being lazy you may be right but are Simon Says and Trivia that much better?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:25 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Ooorrrrr we could bring back the ban of dont have any skill involved because thay are all terrible to the peiple who have to play them.

Hey i think this guy might be on to something ^

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:29 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Ooorrrrr we could bring back the ban of dont have any skill involved because thay are all terrible to the peiple who have to play them.

I'd rather have it closer to "no luck based non-map games." I like some games of 4 couches and similarly played games. If this were to even come to fruition.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:08 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:

I'd rather have it closer to "no luck based non-map games." I like some games of 4 couches and similarly played games. If this were to even come to fruition.

Agreed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:23 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15637141
Pick a number 1-3, if you type the number I typed in CT chat you will live.
Same things.
Is allowed.
Is still gay.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:27 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9975453
JB is been around for like 12 years now. It's safe to say 99% of the possible rp games that can be played have been discovered so we rarely add new games. So we should think hard before banning another one, or a whole group of games like "ban all luck based non map games" bc eventually we will all just be playing Simon Says 24/7.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:14 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
TITTYSPRINKLES. wrote:
JB is been around for like 12 years now. It's safe to say 99% of the possible rp games that can be played have been discovered so we rarely add new games. So we should think hard before banning another one, or a whole group of games like "ban all luck based non map games" bc eventually we will all just be playing Simon Says 24/7.

I also agree with this to an extent.

Maps like Razor already have enough problems with lack of games/creativity, banning a bunch of non map games will just make this problem worse.

Also who is to say what degree of luck is allowed? Even some skill based games have luck involved to some extent.

Math Trivia - Someone pretypes a number and it happens to be the answer, luck (with slight skill to manage your odds)
Spray Contest - Game is mainly based on the size/shape of your spray, having a spray that is more suited to whatever the criteria is, luck (skill is involved but luck can make it significantly easier)
Whats in the Box - Has an aspect of skill but the first people to go have to win mostly by chance, luck

Just a few examples but there are skill based games which are also luck based to some degree. I also don’t see how math trivia is that much more creative than these games.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:31 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
@Cooper i know every game kills a lot of Ts but the difference is in HOW it kills u.
It's more enjoyable for everybody if u need to show some skill with parkour or breakfloor and survive/die that way

Even the what's in the box could be a little enjoyable depending on the guesses and category chosen.
We all had that time some stupid answers went through and everybody survived.

It's just that when u have a huge chance of being killed just for saying primary when he holds a pistol is stupid (for my opinion) and if that gets played 2 or 3 times in a round it's just no fun of being there anymore
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

New Topic Post Reply  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next