Yiggles Moto wrote:
jilly wrote:
So yes all music is dead.
Movies are dead.
CSS is dead.
Minecraft is dead.
Starsiege Tribes is dead.
Etc etc etc ... is dead.

Sounds like you're the one dying. Culture and taste has been shifting. You sound like a stubborn old man shaking his fist at kids.

Movies aren't dead
Music is not dying. In fact, it's increased in the last few consecutive years. You can say you don't like it all you want, but it's not dying. It's thriving.

Yes, CS:S is dying. It's 14 years old and has a predecessor released in 2012 that out performs it greatly.
Yes, Minecraft is dying compared to it's start. It's also 9 years (7 years from "1.0" release) old. But it's still got a large community and continues to make money. There's a video just 3 weeks ago that was released about jumping on different minecraft blocks with over 2.5 Million Views. It's got some time before Minecraft is even considered dead.
I've never even heard of Starsiege Tribes... but was also released in 1998. So yeah it's pretty dead.

bwut yiggwles, if i dwont lyke it that means its BWAAAD, that means its DEEEAAADDD

Social 
 Post subject: Re: Rap is dead
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:53 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
Jilly, if you listened to what critikal said, and didn't "clip through it" you would've seen he was saying that music and rap aren't dead in fact they are better than ever. Such as what Yiggles said. Don't listen to mainstream music if you don't like it, there's plenty of good stuff, just look for it.
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)
Spoiler: Show

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:36 pm 
EgN Member
Yiggles you like fornite and dubstep by chance?

If not. Please list of music, games, movies that are good to you.

Im looking for gems without having to go underground. And more then 1 gem per year as well.

Y So Serious- not sure if you telling us all the good stuff is underground or if we dont like the main stuff to go underground to find it.

Name off some good music, games, movies that are recent too please. And not just the only one or two good movies of that year. Such as: "Winnie the pooh" 2018 was a good movie. Yeah it was but... what about the other 300-500 bad movies that year? Thats what im saying if you guys follow.

I keep hearing its growing and getting bigger. Well it doesnt seem that way at all to me. Seems smaller and shittier. Maybe there just isnt enough money in it anymore since everyone steals it and copies online now... so the investment or "growth" has dropped off.

Someone should create a list of good movies, music, games. Of course there will be lots of disagreement but would be interesting to see what everyones up to. And no not that "what are you listening to thread".

Thanks in advance if you do.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:39 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19242639
I'll do movies

Inside Out, Django Unchained, La La Land, Inception, Coco, Shutter Island, Looper, Grand Budapest Hotel, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Wolf Of Wall Street, Deadpool, Deadpool 2, The Revanant, Hacksaw Ridge, Dark Knight Rises, The Social Network, all the John Wick movies, Get Out, Isle of Dogs, Lego Movie, Wreck-it Ralph, Moana, Frozen, The Martian, Her, Argo, 127 Hours, Kick-ass, The King's Speech, The World's End, Baby Driver, Captain Philips, The Big Short, Hail Caesar, Moonlight, The Death of Stalin, Three Bilboards, Shape of Water, Dunkirk, Whiplash, 12 Years a Slave, Birdman

These Are all good movies by their own right, and you don't have to go "underground" for. You don't realize that there seems like it's only good movies, music, etc in the past because people have already waded through the shit. Yes, there IS a lot of shit, but there has ALWAYS been a lot of shit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:13 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
jilly wrote:
Yiggles you like fornite and dubstep by chance?

If not. Please list of music, games, movies that are good to you.

No, I don't. I used to listen to dubstep at some point, because like I said, culture/tastes shift. I'm a person who listens to any genre that's on. But my main ones are metal/rock/rap.

jilly wrote:
Im looking for gems without having to go underground. And more then 1 gem per year as well.

You are saying you want more than 1 gem a year when I'm pretty sure you have some sort of confirmation bias as the root of your expectation. You don't remember all of the shitty music that used to come out and just reminisce on the good ones that stuck it out.
jilly wrote:
Name off some good music, games, movies that are recent too please. And not just the only one or two good movies of that year. Such as: "Winnie the pooh" 2018 was a good movie. Yeah it was but... what about the other 300-500 bad movies that year? Thats what im saying if you guys follow.

This happened back then too. Maybe not at the same rate, because we have the technology and companies to keep pumping movies out, but bad movies came out all the time before. See my above response.

jilly wrote:
I keep hearing its growing and getting bigger. Well it doesnt seem that way at all to me. Seems smaller and shittier. Maybe there just isnt enough money in it anymore since everyone steals it and copies online now... so the investment or "growth" has dropped off.

Did you even read my last reply? The music industry has been growing for the 3rd consecutive year. You opinion is not truth. Objectively, the industry is growing again. You can't even deny that.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:08 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42551787
Click bate!

All of this is a matter of opinion.
Vivre la vie!

ACT OF VALOR
In valor there is hope

Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength
- Eric Hoffer

We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like.

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:48 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Yiggles Moto wrote:
jilly wrote:
So yes all music is dead.
Movies are dead.
CSS is dead.
Minecraft is dead.
Starsiege Tribes is dead.
Etc etc etc ... is dead.

Sounds like you're the one dying. Culture and taste has been shifting. You sound like a stubborn old man shaking his fist at kids.

Movies aren't dead
Music is not dying. In fact, it's increased in the last few consecutive years. You can say you don't like it all you want, but it's not dying. It's thriving.

Yes, CS:S is dying. It's 14 years old and has a predecessor released in 2012 that out performs it greatly.
Yes, Minecraft is dying compared to it's start. It's also 9 years (7 years from "1.0" release) old. But it's still got a large community and continues to make money. There's a video just 3 weeks ago that was released about jumping on different minecraft blocks with over 2.5 Million Views. It's got some time before Minecraft is even considered dead.
I've never even heard of Starsiege Tribes... but was also released in 1998. So yeah it's pretty dead.

Agree with Yiggles, it's not dying. Actually here's Eminems latest rap and yet hittimg 93M views, and only a few weeks old.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:40 pm 
EgN Member
Jdawg. Thank you for the list. Those are some good ones i havent got around to.

Yiggles how did i know about your dubstep. I know nothing about you aside from this thread. Dubstep is hands down some of the worst trash to be put out. Only zombies or teens could like it. And teens have a valid excuse- (its all new to them)
And this sounds like an attack against you. Its not. Its about proving a point.

Yiggles i remember the shitty music. And i hated just as much then as i do now. The part you're *not* understanding is more like this:
My factory 40 years ago is making: 20 space ships a year.
My factory 20years ago is making: 10 space ships a year.
My factory 10years ago is making: 5 space ships a year.
My factory 5 years ago is making: 2 space ships a year.

Teens be like: oh those 2 spaces ships right der whicha talking about?!

Me: Production is down.

Teens: No its not. You are just old.

Me: Facepalm.

Follow?

If rap is growing or the industry is growing that doesnt mean we are creating more space ships. It just means more people.

And right here is where I will destroy most of you. So read this next part twice.

Yiggles: "Did you even read my last reply? The music industry has been growing for the 3rd consecutive year. You opinion is not truth."

20 years ago how many humans were alive.
Today how many humans are alive that have reached the age of 20?

20 years ago music industry was- lets make up a number: Worth 20 Billion
Now add double the customers it had. Or even 1/3 or 1/4 the customers it had.

Appears to grow.

Its not growing. Only an increase of people eating the same nasty ass food.
Worst part is they wont even know its bad cause they ate it they entire life.

Still dont think this is a valid point.
In 100 years the human population will double at the LEAST.

And how much will the music/movie industry grow?

*drops mic*

Central:
Go to this link. Its a youtube music video. Its from 2014. Thats 4 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebXbLfL ... W7YQx&t=0s

Has 1,238,266,809 views.
Its a trash song.

If Eminems Venom song you have posted doesnt reach this number in 4 years. Does that mean the song I posted is better?

Also central if you think Eminems Venom song is good... you a zombie or a teen. Its trash as well. Just like the song I posted.

Now Em does have some gems, this isnt one and never will be. Period.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:01 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
I didn't say whether or not it was good, but merely to prove rap isn't dead or near dead.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:18 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
"only zombies or teens could like it." another opinion from the old man shaking his fist at everyone. You really think you won't find someone who likes dubstep in a gaming community?
Oh, and I was a teen when I listened to it. So again, no points proven.

The entire crutch of most of your arguments here is that you don't like it. Music wont' die because you don't enjoy what's being put out.

You're still an old man yelling around because people like stuff that you don't.

You trying to shutdown the growth of the industry over the past 3 years is just wrong. Prior to the recent growth the industry was decreasing in revenue every year. Where's your increase of people "appearing" to grow the industry?

You're basing "number of gems" a year based on your sole opinion and nothing else. You aren't giving anyone the option to counter you because the only way to counter is to change your taste in music.

What made these so good then if number of views and revenue earned aren't criteria? Nobody is trying to cater music to you. You've given no objective reasons stating what makes music good or not. You're just crying that you don't think it's good.

I didn't think Venom was amazing either. But it wasn't awful. What did you think about his newest album, Kamikaze?

Industry is supply and demand. The music industry creates what the populace demands. Your taste isn't popular anymore. Your taste isn't "good." It's outdated.

Maybe you should pic that mic back up and make your own music since all you want to do about it is complain.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

New Topic Post Reply  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next