New Topic Post Reply  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:25 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:4949658
As most of us know there was yet another school shooting, this time at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. 17 students and staff were killed by the semiautomatic AR-15 rifle used by Nikholas Cruz. He was a former student at the high school but was expelled for " behavioral problems " and "threatening other students". The survivors are calling on lawmakers to make a change. They held a control rally in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, were students like Emma Gonzalez spoke to lawmakers:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/17/us/florida-student-emma-gonzalez-speech/index.html?no-st=1518990548

Many Americans are taking to twitter to share what they have to say. While others are sharing story's of how their siblings are scared to go to school because of someone with a gun:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GunControlNow&src=tyah&lang=en

Do you agree with what these kids are saying to the US goverment, to end school schootings, and push for more gun laws?

Sorces :
Spoiler: Show

I know this a touchy subject for some of you guys, so please be thoughtful in what you say in the comments. Anyways thanks :)
Needy/Wanty is the best person alive tbh

Life goals:
[ ] get a dog
[ ] get a house
[ ] marry Needy/Wanty
[ ] live with Needy/Wanty, with dog, in house.

Social 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:58 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42762240
Pushing for more gun laws is a bad move. Look at Chicago, the place with the most gun laws in the country. That place alone has the highest crime rate within our country related to time. Texas, the place where there are very few gun laws, has an incredibly low crime rate. The best way to look at the entire operation with all of the shootings, is look at it from the shooter's point of view. If they want a gun, they will get it. More gun laws makes it harder for innocent people to acquire weapons than the people that wish to cause harm. If gun laws were pushed to the point where it was damn near impossible to get a gun, the crime rate would be tremendously high because the criminals know that there is no way a civilian can defend himself without a gun, or in better terms, their chance of surviving against a armed felon would be low.

There is also the argument that it's easy to get a gun from a store, and to a degree yes, it's true. But that doesn't defer from the fact that I stated earlier, if someone wants a gun, they get a gun. You can kind of compare all the guns to drugs in a sense. If someone wants drugs, even though recreational drugs are illegal, they get drugs. The law does not stop people building on ill intent unless there is enough proof. It only prevents the good-hearted people from being safe.

P.S. I'm tired, if there are grammar/spelling errors, I don't give a fuck or whatever.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:38 pm 
Co Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80046838
TheronRain wrote:
If they want a gun, they will get iT .
2018 Goals for EgN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:43 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:2416971
Tricky wrote:
TheronRain wrote:
If they want a gun, they will get iT .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:44 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42762240
I MEANT THAT THEY HAD OTHER SOURCES FOR RETRIEVING WEAPONS YOU ASS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:07 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40862723
"If they want guns they will get it" may be true, but is not a solution. To prevent mass shootings (if that is even possible) we have to stop dismissing potential solutions. I'm not saying that I know how to fix the problem, just saying its easier to dismiss propositions then to extrapolate on them.
Maybe a combination of stricter gun laws and more open discussions of mental health could reduce the frequency of incidents. Or maybe we are just fucked...who knows

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:47 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22218476
I think we need less gun laws. Most of the ones that restrict carrying in certain places need to go.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:53 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:420585158
This is what I think of gun control. Any questions? Feel free to ask.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:47 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
I have developed an easy to follow 3-step chart to help the USA solve it's problems.

1. Do you think the USA has a problem with firearm-related deaths per capita?
    a. Yes: go to point 2
    b. No: That can be your viewpoint, but the US population overwhelmingly has a problem with this.
2. Do you think that the government attempting to restrict gun ownership in some way is at least part of the answer?
    a. Yes: I agree, less guns mean less firearm-related deaths/violence per capita (see below).
    b. No: go to point 3
3. According to you what should the US government do to attempt to reduce firearm-related deaths per capita other than restricting gun ownership in some way, how should it implement it and how is this better than restricting gun ownership in some way?

You have to either agree with imposing laws restricting gun ownership, be okay with extremely high gun violence statistics for a developed country or provide a better alternative, explain why it's better and why restricting gun ownership is not the answer, or you are logically inconsistent.

This article imo best compiles (gun)violence/homicides stats per capita and gun ownership statistics both for USA only and international:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... aps-charts

I think this chart illustrates it best in one image (but please read the article)

Personally I find it insane that a lot of US Americans want more guns to combat gun violence, what do you want? Anarchy? No government, everyone has to protect their own? You want The Walking Dead with no zombies, you hate being a developed country that much?

Less guns means less gun violence seems very logical to me, and all the evidence seems to point to this most probably being the case, to this being an obvious possible solution but you guys don't even want to try it. You'd literally rather die.

I don't live in the US, but nowhere have I seen a valid argument with valid reasoning on how it would be a bad idea to impose stricter gun laws to combat gun violence. And I've looked.

-
-
-
-

Sarge wrote:

Why is the flag of a middle-eastern entity below ex-US President Barrack Obama's picture?
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:10 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:420585158
Doldol wrote:
I have developed an easy to follow 3-step chart to help the USA solve it's problems.

1. Do you think the USA has a problem with firearm-related deaths per capita?
    a. Yes: go to point 2
    b. No: That can be your viewpoint, but the US population overwhelmingly has a problem with this.
2. Do you think that the government attempting to restrict gun ownership in some way is at least part of the answer?
    a. Yes: I agree, less guns mean less firearm-related deaths/violence per capita (see below).
    b. No: go to point 3
3. According to you what should the US government do to attempt to reduce firearm-related deaths per capita other than restricting gun ownership in some way, how should it implement it and how is this better than restricting gun ownership in some way?

You have to either agree with imposing laws restricting gun ownership, be okay with extremely high gun violence statistics for a developed country or provide a better alternative, explain why it's better and why restricting gun ownership is not the answer, or you are logically inconsistent.

This article imo best compiles (gun)violence/homicides stats per capita and gun ownership statistics both for USA only and international:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... aps-charts

I think this chart illustrates it best in one image (but please read the article)

Personally I find it insane that a lot of US Americans want more guns to combat gun violence, what do you want? Anarchy? No government, everyone has to protect their own? You want The Walking Dead with no zombies, you hate being a developed country that much?

Less guns means less gun violence seems very logical to me, and all the evidence seems to point to this most probably being the case, to this being an obvious possible solution but you guys don't even want to try it. You'd literally rather die.

I don't live in the US, but nowhere have I seen a valid argument with valid reasoning on how it would be a bad idea to impose stricter gun laws to combat gun violence. And I've looked.

-
-
-
-

Sarge wrote:

Why is the flag of a middle-eastern entity below ex-US President Barrack Obama's picture?

At the United Nations, Obama literally said if he had to pick the side of chrsitians/judaism, he's rather defend the muslims. This man with John Kerry, John McCain and Hilary Clinton armed ISIS/ISIL to the teeth, so the picture of him like that is authentic.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next