Register
Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 

Are u gonna play World of Warcraft Vanilla when it comes out?
Yes 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 6 ]
I dont know yet 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 12
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:47 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
This is a thread for guys who played or wanna play vanilla world of warcraft. Its meant as a kind of hype and an understanding for what you will have to do if u choose to join the hype. Some issues that might occur and some things you will love about it. This is purely based of experience, and a little facts. No need to trash this down. I used a lot of time to make this and i hope you all wanna read it. But this is a warning. Dont read it if u dont care about world of warcraft. u wouldn't understand :P

So to start things off with:
At Blizzcon 2018, Blizzard released a demo for Vanilla world of warcraft. For those who doesn't know what that is. Its the earliest release of the game back in 2005 ish.

Back then, the game were much harder and more time consuming. The average player only made it to the maximum lvl of 60. Back then it took 1 month if u were speedleveling and knew what u were doing. Only a small % got to play the world of warcraft we know today. The max level "fun" and the raids. If u aren't of the maximum level when u play world of warcraft today, you're so below average or so new that it isn't worth the time catching up. Back then the ultimate goal of Vanilla WOW wasn't necessary the same. The journey to get to the maximum lvl, was sometimes all that was needed. And that was why vanilla was so fun. The game changed from player to player, what your goal was, what you wanted to do. And im excited for it to come back. I only experienced for a very short time because i was like 7 years old.
The game was so unique in that the goal could be just to hit lvl 60 or to finish all of the raiding content (also known as PvE(Player vs enemies)) or PvP.
And the community was great back then too. People would gather for events. For example "The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj" where the entire server would meet up at a zone and help farming cloths and resources to fight the big insects.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Raids----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for the raids there is a couple of things there is gonna change from the way it is today.
There is 3/4 difficulties today in a raid. LFR, normal, heroic and mythic. With mythic being the highest difficulty. You have to be exactly 20 members when doing mythic with 2-3 tanks 5 healers and rest of dps.
There isnt any big variety and rewards are pretty high, up to 5 items per boss. split between 20 peoples. If we look at the kills on the highest difficulty on https://www.wowprogress.com/ we can see that 477 guilds with 20 to 25 men in each guild has completed the hardest of the hardest. Lets take that number which is 9540 players who have basicly completed the game. this raid has been out maybe a month. that that into consideration.

Back in vanilla the raids were harder though. There were only 1 difficulty and you had to be 40 people. With that said. Imagine 40 people in a teamspeak slot trying to communicate and be on point without doing any mistakes. Even with an amazing leadership it will be a clusterfuck. Anyways, the diversity of a raid was pretty huge. Some bosses you had 2 or 3 tanks, and some bosses u needed 8 tanks. And they had to be warriors, and they had to have a full set of gear. which was collected by an earlier raid. It was hardcore back then and very time consuming.
So for the numbers who defeated Kel'Thuzad in the Naxxramas raid in vanilla. There were 23 guild who managed to defeat Kel'Thuzad (last boss)and 900 guilds killed 1 boss in naxx.
So the hardest difficulty back then 900 guilds managed to kill 1 boss. Lets see on todays game, how many guilds managed to kill 1 boss on the highest difficulty -> Its over 10k guilds.
To make it worse. 40 people have to split the loot between them and there was 3 items per boss. thats like 20% of the loot you would get today. And it would cause people to quit if they didnt get the right item because of the long waiting time to even get an upgrade.

Around 0.01% of the playerbase back in vanilla managed to experience the actual raid(naxx) and that shows how much hype and prestige there is in playing vanilla. Thats what people want. People have been looking up to these guys who played back then and said "man i wish i was the one who did that".

People are tired of an easy game and want some difficulty back. and thats why there has been such a big rant about vanilla wow.

So whats my point for all of this? My point is, If u wanna join the game that the people used to love and want back be more than welcome, but the difficulty and the frustration will be high. Ill personally join. Ive been preparing on private servers for the last 6 months and im ready for the grind.

My question for you guys -> Who is gonna play vanilla world of warcraft?

If u guys want me to elaborate on PvP too, then ill do it :) But i felt like this post is already to long tbh. Im way to bored :P

EgN moments:

Spoiler: Show

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:26 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
I never played WoW. However I know that many people got their lives sucked into this game so I was always interested in possibly trying it "eventually". I just never got around to actually doing it.
Beep boop.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:03 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
Xanderian wrote:
I never played WoW. However I know that many people got their lives sucked into this game so I was always interested in possibly trying it "eventually". I just never got around to actually doing it.

absolutely true. Its an everlasting grind where u always can do something more :P unless u play 18 hours a day which i did in a time period of 4 months :)

Though if u want the complete feeling of wow u have to be dedicated i feel like :) but u should try it out :P

EgN moments:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:59 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Oh wow, so blizzard forced a shutdown a highly populated vanilla fan made server with good friends and wholesome game play, just so they can put their own out and obtain royalties? Yeah fuck Blizzard officially.

Rip Nostalrius
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:01 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15637141
I've been playin wow since I was a wee lad. 14 years now
Missed alot of life because of this damn game...
Renewed my account 2 days ago hurr hurr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:17 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:117015658
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
Oh wow, so blizzard forced a shutdown a highly populated vanilla fan made server with good friends and wholesome game play, just so they can put their own out and obtain royalties? Yeah fuck Blizzard officially.

Rip Nostalrius

Damn, a gaming company wants to protect their property, and even gain money off of their own product? what a shame. There are lots of things to criticize Blizzard for, this is not one of them :P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:21 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:147071666
Sly wrote:
Imagine 40 people in a teamspeak slot trying to communicate and be on point without doing any mistakes

It was usually 1 person talking, and 39 people listening.

And vanilla raids should be fairly easy considering we already know the tactics for every boss, so long as you can get a group of 40 non-braindead players it should be ezpz. I can't expect getting 40 competent players together will be easy though considering how difficult it is to get 20 that aren't world class paste eaters together for mythics in retail.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:03 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6233124
Sly wrote:
Imagine 40 people in a teamspeak slot trying to communicate and be on point without doing any mistakes

50DKP MINUS!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:08 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29867757
Caboose wrote:
Sly wrote:

It was usually 1 person talking, and 39 people listening.

This. I was raid leader for a private Vanilla server for a few months, and I would mute people in teamspeak / discord that couldn't learn to shut up. If you don't have information absolutely crucial to the survival of the raid that isn't being communicated, you stay quiet.

Also, I'm not playing WoW Classic for a couple of reasons:

1. Blizzard has completely lost my respect as a developer. They clearly haven't learned their lesson from the god-awful release of Diablo 3, and even though they, on paper, have control over their own intellectual properties, it's clear that the Activision merger made them beholden to the shareholders over their customers much more than it has in the past. Giving them my money just further enables this sort of behavior.

2. I'm never doing 1x experience rates again. I can't tell you how many times I've done the 1-60 grind. It pains my soul. If I have to find the bones of Mankrik's wife one more time, I will fucking lose it.
"all tees all tees" -everyone

SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL. NAVCOM LOCKED. ANIME SPOTTED. GOLIATH ONLINE.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]