1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Star Wars Battlefront II
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:34 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
As some of you probably know, Star Wars Battlefront II releases in 5 days, and tomorrow night if you get the deluxe version! That's insane. I'm a huge a fan of Star Wars games, especially the classic Star Wars Battlefront I and II from 2005. The recent Battlefront put out by EA in 2015 was pretty fun, yet a disappointment at the same time on so many levels. This game features a completely redesigned advancement system in multiplayer, new game modes and maps, and even an awesome looking campaign. My favorite part: Not only does is span clone wars era now, but even post-empire, into the First Order and the Resistance. All three eras...hell yea! Early launch through Origin Access and Beta testing has proved that Battlefront II is one of EA's most successful games pre-launch, creating even more hype for fans like me. I've already grabbed my copy, as pre-ordering gives you a bunch of in game bonuses.

If you're thinking about pre-ordering, note that any physical copies ordered with Amazon Prime get 20% off! Also Best-Buy is dishing out reward points for physical and digital copies just for pre-ordering. The standard edition is retailing at $60 but I've seen it as low as $45 if you know where to look or can get it with one of the deals I mentioned.

DICE Twitter feeds also hint that the hit gamemode from the Classic battlefront II, Galactic Conquest, a turn based metagame, could possibly return in the future. This was by far my favorite way to play, and I'm incredibly anxious to see what they'll bring.

Seems to me that EA's learned from their mistakes and this game will be a massive hit, one that I'm certainly looking forward to. Anyone else?

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

Social 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:40 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:11765093
Gosh I hope it's so much better than the first. The older ones were some of my favorite games when I was younger so I'm hoping for big things out of this one

"Who I am is not important, my message is." - Revan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:10 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:48892477
My biggest hope is it doesn't sidetrack singleplayer. I prefer fighting bots like on my playstation 2.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:35 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29867757
I'm sorry to burst people's bubbles here, but EA hasn't learned anything from the shitshow that was BattleFront.

Remember the "Free DLC" that was supposed to come with the game? Yeah, now that's unlocked using points in multiplayer.

"How do you get points?" you might ask, and a valid question! EA has developed a system for getting points for gameplay. Not based on how well you do, no, but based on how long you play. And the points are pretty paltry. Basically, it rewards those who play longer games poorly, and punishes those who are good enough to win games quickly. Beta testers, on average, reported it took about 40 hours to unlock a single lightsaber-wielding hero.

"But I want to unlock all the heroes and content now!" you might say, and that's a fair expectation considering the original BattleFront 2 launched with all of this content over 12 years ago. EA is using a loot box system, where you can use real money to (hopefully) unlock all of the content you want! Horray!

"But I don't have another $100 to spend on loot boxes to get all the content!" And to that EA says: "Go fuck yourself." Even if 99% of BattleFront players don't spend money on lootboxes, 1. They still have your $60 from buying the game and 2. The 1% of people that spend money on lootboxes makes it profitable enough for them to screw over the rest of BattleFront's loyal fans.

tl;dr we need to stop hoping that EA isn't going to fuck us over. They are. And pre-ordering their shameless cash-grab is just asking to be fucked over. Voting with our money and exposing their bullshit will hit them where it hurts: their wallets, as that's all they care about.

Sources + some quotes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... _big_fuss/

"Paid crates are good because you'd use a gun you would never think of using"
-Tweet from an EA rep who later deleted her comments

"Upper management is more for it while many of the actual developers are against it but can't do much about it. EA is the decision maker here so DICE doesn't have much of a say."
-Quote from a trusted leaker, confirming that DICE are just trying to make a fun game that respects the original games, and that EA (as always) is fucking everything up because $$$

"all tees all tees" -everyone

SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL. NAVCOM LOCKED. ANIME SPOTTED. GOLIATH ONLINE.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:23 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
Birthstone wrote:
I'm sorry to burst people's bubbles here, but EA hasn't learned anything from the shitshow that was BattleFront.

Remember the "Free DLC" that was supposed to come with the game? Yeah, now that's unlocked using points in multiplayer.

"How do you get points?" you might ask, and a valid question! EA has developed a system for getting points for gameplay. Not based on how well you do, no, but based on how long you play. And the points are pretty paltry. Basically, it rewards those who play longer games poorly, and punishes those who are good enough to win games quickly. Beta testers, on average, reported it took about 40 hours to unlock a single lightsaber-wielding hero.

"But I want to unlock all the heroes and content now!" you might say, and that's a fair expectation considering the original BattleFront 2 launched with all of this content over 12 years ago. EA is using a loot box system, where you can use real money to (hopefully) unlock all of the content you want! Horray!

"But I don't have another $100 to spend on loot boxes to get all the content!" And to that EA says: "Go fuck yourself." Even if 99% of BattleFront players don't spend money on lootboxes, 1. They still have your $60 from buying the game and 2. The 1% of people that spend money on lootboxes makes it profitable enough for them to screw over the rest of BattleFront's loyal fans.

tl;dr we need to stop hoping that EA isn't going to fuck us over. They are. And pre-ordering their shameless cash-grab is just asking to be fucked over. Voting with our money and exposing their bullshit will hit them where it hurts: their wallets, as that's all they care about.

Sources + some quotes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... _big_fuss/

"Paid crates are good because you'd use a gun you would never think of using"
-Tweet from an EA rep who later deleted her comments

"Upper management is more for it while many of the actual developers are against it but can't do much about it. EA is the decision maker here so DICE doesn't have much of a say."
-Quote from a trusted leaker, confirming that DICE are just trying to make a fun game that respects the original games, and that EA (as always) is fucking everything up because $$$

I'd call you arguments valid if your "sources" weren't from

1. reddit LOL, when has that been credible?
2. something that doesn't exist
3. a "Trusted leaker..." a contradiction in and of itself.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:54 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
mattlikespie wrote:
I'd call you arguments valid if your "sources" weren't from

1. reddit LOL, when has that been credible?
2. something that doesn't exist
3. a "Trusted leaker..." a contradiction in and of itself.

1. When the person I've quoted has been right about everything they've leaked to the community before.
2. There's screenshots of the twitter if you'd like to see them
3. Trusted as in, everything he has said has either been verified or not, it has never been shown to be false. Not trusted as in, trustworthy with information.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:08 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Adding to this a screenshot of the most-downvoted comment on Reddit (ever), an official comment by an EA spokesperson.

Basically, their "logic" is that they want you to lose, often, so that when you win (if you win), you feel pride.

Except if you spend enough money, you're almost guaranteed to win. So it's fucking bullshit.

Please understand, I WANT BF2 to be a good game. DICE wants BF2 to be a good game. But when it comes to EA and their money, they give absolutely no fucks if they're sucking the soul out of a video game. As long as their shareholders are happy, the decision they've made is good.

Even if you buy the $80 version of the game, you still have most of the heroes locked. More money-grubbing bullshit from EA.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:45 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Man, i wish i could play this.......
but i got this bad laptop :/
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:50 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:48892477
I love unlocking stuff, so it's no biggie to me. Games lately just give you everything and it gets boring really quick. Like my favorite FPS of all times will ALWAYS be Timesplitters just for the amount of unlockable characters and maps in all three games. So if Starwars Battlefront 2 requires unlocking things, hey im all for it as long as it's not locked behind a paywall.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:01 am 
EgN Member
I doubt it`s gonna be a massive hit considering how flawed the first game was and from what I`ve already seen EA aren`t learning but in fact there reversing backwards through there own shit. I`m not even that remotely hyped and I reckon the sequel is just going to bomb in sales. The original Battlefront put me off a lot due to many things ranging from how much of a lazy job the game modes were spiced up to as well as how the game just eventually grated and got boring very quickly simply because it lacked variety and there was no great element of fun to the different game modes that were on offer. I mean I remember when it first released that I made the biggest mistake ever by buying into the season pass content only because the shared exciting stuff over what future content would be added only then to be let down because of how little content there was that you got with each expansion. I still regret it to this day and it learns the lesson of never purchasing a season pass for a over hyped game that you just know is going to end up being a massive disappointment.

As for the new Battlefront II I`m keeping my expectations low though I have to say some things I`ve seen so far from early gameplay previews look very much liked they`ve just been given a small upgrade. The campaign looks like it`s going to be shambles considering that it averages out at 4 - 5 hours which is pathetic. It`s as almost as if they`ve just been lazy in giving players something that won`t hold them over. I`m half and half with how I feel about it but I just can`t see the sequel being a massive improvement on the original. The classes have me excited but some game modes just don`t even feel properly done. For starters Hero`s vs Villains will only feature 4 v 4 which to me feels like bare bones compared to how the original had 6 v 6. I`d much rather have a 10 v 10 battlefield or something to make things more interesting and with there only being 14 hero`s apart of the base game then I don`t see why the number couldn`t haven`t been upgraded.

The fact that also EA has the whole annual loot crate/microstransactions system going on to force gamers hands makes me sick. The progression system in the game looks practically a joke with it taking 40 hours or so o playtime to rack up 60k credits to buy yourself a hero. Many people don`t have the time to invest that sort of playtime into a game and if you think about one hero taking that much time to unlock it would take somewhat near 600 hours to unlock them all and the fact that EA actually thinks this is a good progression system in there eyes is actually shocking but then again it`s only being done because there trying to get people to buy loot crates so they can progress faster and gain quicker access to hero`s in the game but it`s fucking disgusting. I also fear that the disease of loot crates infestation in the game will disrupt the flow and balance of the game because think about it they`ll have players who will take the shortcuts and then they`ll also have players who don`t want to cheat and progress through the game the proper way but then you question yourself who wants to actually grind that many hours to unlock a single hero. The payouts on every match you play and win are also a joke with you on average earning around 300 - 315 credits depending on how well you perform according to EA early access members. Quite frankly this turns me off as I`m not one of those type of players who just wants to sit there and grind something out. There should be some actual fun and reason behind on wanting to unlock something and make the player feel like they`ve actually earned it rather than just feeling like your grinding match after match and this doesn`t flair up well if your shit at multiplayer which I will say I`m in that kind o boat.

At the end of the day this is EA and we all know here how there greedy cooperation minds work. Personally I couldn`t give two shits about trying to rack up the best in multiplayer. I purely came looking for a game that would give me that classic nostalgic feeling that the original 2005 Battlefront had which was having fun in on endless days of your childhood wrecking through bots. Those were the prime key of what made Battlefront so great for many since you could just set up your own sides and play on whatever map you like and to be honest back in those days bots were a lot of fun to play against and just because in this generation they`ve died down does not mean people don`t want them as believe me many people came here looking for a game where they could just relive the good days of playing galatic conquest and other such game modes against bots. It`s a just a shame that DICE has put no effort in what so ever to making this skirmish arcade mode feel like those classic days again because it`s just not the same anymore and I do believe the single player days are dying. Weather we like it or not this is how multiplayer is going to die in many games to come via the death of loot crates that will disrupt the core element of the balance of the playerbase. Sad days but I hate to admit but it`s true. Sorry for my rant guys just had to put it all out there. Despite everything said I`m still going to purchase and pick it up and judge it for myself.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10
 >> Next