1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:39 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:80560949
Dutchie wrote:
I would get an SSD and more RAM.

Most importantly; What are you planning on doing with your computer? Where are you experiencing slow performance??

It's not that I'm experiencing slow performance. I actually got my pc late summer. It's just that quite recently ever since Witcher 3 went on sale, I've been playing it non-stop, that where I have most the settings on low, and an upgrade would be nice you know to see things on higher graphics. I'm also upgrading my monitor to an ultra wide 34" I think it was. It's a 21:9 aspect ratio with 144hz

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth." ~Oscar Wilde

"True leaders don't create followers, they create more leaders."

"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness." ~Aristotle

"Knowing when to walk away is wisdom. Being able to is courage. Walking away, with your head held high is dignity."

"As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better."

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no less of enthusiasm." ~Winston Churchill

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." ~Albert Einstein

Of course life is a bitch. If it was a slut it would be easy.

Life is a bitch. So learn to fuck it.

Welcome to EgN. Warning, we are not a G-Rated clan. We speak our mind, a lot of it is dirty. Topics may include things not suitable for children. Anyone offended by vulgarity, refrain from our forum. Anyone offended by light nudity, avoid the orgy room. So basically, now that all the wusses have been weeded out, welcome to EgN.™

Social 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:48 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Nemesis wrote:
Dutchie wrote:

Most importantly; What are you planning on doing with your computer? Where are you experiencing slow performance??

It's not that I'm experiencing slow performance. I actually got my pc late summer. It's just that quite recently ever since Witcher 3 went on sale, I've been playing it non-stop, that where I have most the settings on low, and an upgrade would be nice you know to see things on higher graphics. I'm also upgrading my monitor to an ultra wide 34" I think it was. It's a 21:9 aspect ratio with 144hz

That's odd, I can play the witcher on full graphics, here is my PC Specifications:

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti
Storage: 2TB HDD

Any game works fine for me, I can play on ultra graphic settings without an issue/lag

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:03 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47650684
Nemesis wrote:
Now what I'm looking for a serious recommendations to upgrade my pc. I'll most likely be upgrading my pc soon and need to know what would be best. Let us leave price range somewhat out of the picture... just don't go overboard.

Incase any of you wanted to know my specs so you can judge what I really need specifically. Here they are in the spoiler. (Simplified)
Spoiler: Show

I plan on adding a SSD, possibly 250gb maybe more haven't really decided yet, but probably from the 850 EVO series.
I'm also either gonna add 2x8 or 2x4 for the ram.
Other than that, I kinda need other peoples opinions on what I should get.

If this was my pc, the things i'd have on my list for future upgrades (over time and when i could afford them..) Would be;

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700k (not too overboard, it'll play any new release and will be a solid cpu for a good couple years...)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 1070/1080 (not too extreme but it is currently expensive.. depends on when you're going to upgrade this part.) Or alternatively if you want something cheaper, gtx 1060, this will perform as well as a 970 or maybe even 980 (not sure about 980) but if you're on a too steap budget, i'd go for a used but in good condition gtx 970 or 980 (I've just bought a used 970 for £150 from ebay, looks all in good condition.. ASUS model.. should be just what i need..) although if you do buy second hand, make sure you have a good idea of the use it's had.. if it's been overclocked, any wear, rattles, etc..
RAM: 16gb ddr4 or 32gb if the budget will stretch (nothing tooo crazy, DDR4 ram is pretty much essential with any decent i7 motherboard..)
Storage: 2x 1TB HDD's (as you already have 1..) and possibly a 250gb SSD or something if you have good budget.. but get a decent one.. not a cheap as chips one.. (you usually upgrade your hard drives as needed with your current storage issues)
Motherboard: I have the ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard.. it's all i could ever need.. supports SLI, has good spec.. isn't too expensive but does the job perfectly.

These specs are entirely my personal preference. I'm more of an Intel and Nvidia guy than AMD. These specs aren't anything mind blowing but it'll see you through a good couple years of high quality gaming and if you shop wisely you can get some great deals if you just do your research.. but don't settle.. if you can afford better parts, then if they are major components which as CPU, GPU, RAM.. then go for it.. just make sure you aren't bottle-necking any components and you'll be fine. That CPU i suggested won't be bottle-necked by the GPU neither will it the other way around.. the RAM will run without issue but if you feel confident investing in a higher Mhz ram then go for it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:55 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
CPU: http://www.downloadmoreghz.com
GPU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bOpo1ZTRmQ
RAM: https://downloadmoreram.com

ALL THE REST DOESNT MATTER
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:43 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17299991
Central wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
Dutchie wrote:

That's odd, I can play the witcher on full graphics, here is my PC Specifications:

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti
Storage: 2TB HDD

Any game works fine for me, I can play on ultra graphic settings without an issue/lag

Do you have the latest graphic drivers Nemesis?

I would try to install applications that show the usage of your CPU/RAM/GPU and see which one is going mayham.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2