New Topic Post Reply  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:04 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Should look more into these regulars bans because they're more than just playing the harmonica in their mic or an accidental MFK. This sorta circles back to the Papa Johns situation when everyone argued that he should be unbanned (which basically included myself) but he was a massive troll, like very much a troll, that always found ways around the rules but to still make it fun, but that's contradicting my point. Most of the players you mentioned have an undertone toxicity or are an underlying troll, but enough to make the server fun because I think it's under debate that majority of players like to see how far they (themselves) can go around the rules without being banned. And players like it even more when they can watch others do it without getting themselves banned.

I would normally agree that permanent bans are a bit excessive, but almost every player you mentioned have never even considered making a (apt.) ban appeal (except for keaton but she was jus dumb for ban evading first, and MFKing like four times still luv you keaton) and to be honest, Staff are pretty lenient to shorting bans. So, on the contrary, first consider a ban appeal then consider "eh, should I do the same thing that got me banned before, or naw" because normally what happens is they try to find the perfect balance between what got them banned and the rules, enough not to get banned but to get on the edge of admins. Why do people do it? idk, maybe it's dopamine.

But also, side note, accidental / permanent CT bans won't change. Especially purposeful MFKs, it's about the worst thing you can do on the server that isn't DDoSing, so why expect to get such a small punishment.
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:40 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7018832
I haven't read the rules in many years.. Still not banned O.o (though i don't play jailbreak) I dare people to ban me for weeks/months, but nobody has the cahonas :troll:

I'd like the promotion, the paycheck and parking spot. But I don’t really want to be in charge of anything.

#Wolfie4Staff2k17/2k18
<05:09:34> "Wolfie" was removed from server group "Supporter" by "Kharn".
<05:09:39> "Wolfie" was added to server group "Staff" by "Kharn".

k :/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:15 am 
EgN Member
First Id like to thank wnterwolf for his input and suggestion. It aint easy saying anything negative on this forum to snowflakes.

He does make a valid point in regard to regulars perhaps having a slight lean on severity of a punishment if believed to of been an accident.

But*

Wnterwolf as they have said- if this is a real regular they- would, should, could, will - file an appeal.

After that appeal would be the best moment to make judgement's on the severity of rules and punishments.

Babysitting as admin isnt fun. That 1 "bad" perm could be mixed in with 20 other "good" perms.
Thus the appeal would be the most logical tool to counter a "bad" perm.

I do as well understand some simple fun regulars wont - and will simply leave. Possibly hurting the server as well. This is true.

It is a complex situation you have raised. Old as mankind. Laws and punishment. What is too little, what is too much.

The only flaw I am able to see are the fun regular's who catch a "bad" perm and never bother putting in the time to return. This does hurt server and population.
*But some would say these players dont actually have value since they wont bother with the appeal.

If you know a bad perm. Tell them to appeal. And we can go from that point to judge clearer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:32 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
jilly wrote:
It aint easy saying anything negative on this forum to snowflakes.

okay sorry i just gotta quote this like, hey what's up, former snowflake here
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:09 pm 
EgN Member
Sup. Glad you came around. Better on this side eh?

New Topic Post Reply  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2