>> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:41 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
The Incredibles 2
9.8/10

Very good movie, exceeds all expectations.
Spoiler alert, do not click if u havnt watched!
Spoiler: Show

It was just totally wild!

EgN moments:

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:47 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Full Metal Jacket (1987)

A movie that gives me indescribable chills every time. R. Lee Ermey plays an incredible role in the 1st half of the film. Film not only shows the jarring reality of war, but the dehumanizing effect of training before war. The camerawork is characteristically an absolute masterpiece. Especially for it's time. From the ridden angles, to it's com-positional artistry. Seems to say why Stanley Kubrick is renowned for his attention to camera sequence and frame composition. Kubrick films are all, in their very own way, visually memorizing. As for the unknowingly symbolic regarding the "Born to Kill" & the peace sign, almost shows that we fight not only for liberty & freedom, but for peace.

Her (2013)

A film on the human cognition & finding purpose. It manifest's the perspective of love on a whole nother level, between a man & a machine. But not the one you would imagine. The dynamic of an abstraction, metaphysical rumination on love in terms of a relationship. In a lot of ways it reflects & mirrors real-life LDR's. Just an absolute masterpiece, could watch it a hundred times more & find something more, and more interesting about the film. Whereas, the more I study the aspect of film, the stronger I'm able to read more into the movie itself. Love it. @ mootinie, this is a film you need to add to your list to watch if you haven't already.
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:43 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? - As a series of things happening - great! But the slapdashery (yes that's a word) necessitates a lacking in coherence. Loosely based on The Odyssey by Homer, an ancient Greek poem, Oh Brother is the story of three prisoners who escape a chain gang and go adventuring in the pursuit of treasure. With all due respect, the characters in this film are little more than portraits. Fortunately, there's some serious talent behind them. Whilst a charming, almost humble piece of cinema, it's no greater than the sum of its parts. 7/10

Iron Man 2 - A film with many adversarial vessels and consequently, many triumphant moments. Here we have Tony Stark at the peak of his egotism whilst simultaneously more vulnerable and more challenged than ever. It's interesting to watch how those two dynamics play off one another but when the dust settles this film really is bereft of new ideas. Perhaps that was never the intention. This was the sequel people cried out for after the first Iron Man, itself the Downey Jr. show. Perhaps it's for good reason, it's what the people want but it's definitely to the film's detriment. 6.5/10

Needy wrote:
Full Metal Jacket (1987)

A movie that gives me indescribable chills every time. R. Lee Ermey plays an incredible role in the 1st half of the film. Film not only shows the jarring reality of war, but the dehumanizing effect of training before war. The camerawork is characteristically an absolute masterpiece. Especially for it's time. From the ridden angles, to it's com-positional artistry. Seems to say why Stanley Kubrick is renowned for his attention to camera sequence and frame composition. Kubrick films are all, in their very own way, visually memorizing. As for the unknowingly symbolic regarding the "Born to Kill" & the peace sign, almost shows that we fight not only for liberty & freedom, but for peace.

I saw Full Metal Jacket several years ago after having already experienced Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Saving Private Ryan and Platoon. Looking back now, I can't recall anything that happens once they leave the barracks. First half of the film is obviously still a classic to this day but I found the second half to be forgettable.

Needy wrote:
Her (2013)

A film on the human cognition & finding purpose. It manifest's the perspective of love on a whole nother level, between a man & a machine. But not the one you would imagine. The dynamic of an abstraction, metaphysical rumination on love in terms of a relationship. In a lot of ways it reflects & mirrors real-life LDR's. Just an absolute masterpiece, could watch it a hundred times more & find something more, and more interesting about the film. Whereas, the more I study the aspect of film, the stronger I'm able to read more into the movie itself. Love it. @ mootinie, this is a film you need to add to your list to watch if you haven't already.

Yeah, this is one of those films that I knew I needed to see and just never did, haha. I'll watch it, thanks for the recommendation. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:10 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
Toy Story 3 - I can't say this without it being a spoiler...

A Best Picture nominee, only the third animated feature to achieve such a feat and perhaps the most deserving of the bunch. A fully completed realisation of a vision conceived decades previously and a perfect conclusion to a wonderful franchise of whimsy. Until they announced they're doing Toy Story 4. 9.5/10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:09 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
The Meg:
Great movie, jesus I loved it. At first I was like, shall I watch it? But I enjoyed the film. Starring Jason Stratholme.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:59 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Central wrote:
The Meg:
Great movie, jesus I loved it. At first I was like, shall I watch it? But I enjoyed the film. Starring Jason Stratholme.

Oh, really? Man, I didn't like the movie at all, it was very inconsistent, especially the cast itself. To be honest, would have probably been much better if it wasn't PG-13.
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:11 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
The Predator:

Awesome movie. I haven't seen much of the others at all but I really enjoyed this one. Funny, has a lot of action, explains the plot really well.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:57 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Yiggles Moto wrote:
The Predator:

Awesome movie. I haven't seen much of the others at all but I really enjoyed this one. Funny, has a lot of action, explains the plot really well.

+1 - watched it last night. Overall great movie, thoroughly enjoyed it, excited for a next one (if to be a next, but it did end on a cliffhanger).

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:55 pm 
EgN Member
Venom 9/10 - Honestly don't know what the hell critics are smoking these days ? It was absolutely brilliant and a well deserving 89 score.

It’s funny, entertaining with some great fight scenes and action set pieces. I really hope it gets a sequel. They pretty much nailed down the performance very well. It’s a good mixture of Marvel and DC Comics and most of all it’s just something fresh and something new that’s never quite been seen before. I think critics have forgotten what a fun movie is ??

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:20 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:4949658
Venom 9.5/10 so fucking good , very funny . Editing skills wa son fleek
Needy/Wanty is the best person alive tbh

Life goals:
[ ] get a dog
[ ] get a house
[ ] marry Needy/Wanty
[ ] live with Needy/Wanty, with dog, in house.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 >> Next