Previous << 
1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:56 pm 
Community Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Mootinie wrote:
I haven't seen Bad Times At The El Royale or Mid90's but both got hella praise similar to that you've reaped on both. Will watch them both for sure.

By far (along with isle of dogs, and a few others) my favourite films of 2018

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about Aquaman similar to Venom, and it's regarded as a well, superhero film. Though Venom was with Sony (not w Marvel Studios) and Aquaman is with James Wan (very interesting director take)
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

Social 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:02 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
Needy wrote:
Mootinie wrote:
I haven't seen Bad Times At The El Royale or Mid90's but both got hella praise similar to that you've reaped on both. Will watch them both for sure.

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about Aquaman similar to Venom, and it's regarded as a well, superhero film. Though Venom was with Sony (not w Marvel Studios) and Aquaman is with James Wan (very interesting director take)

It pretty much is. It doesn't bring much to the table.

There were a lot of films I missed in 2018. I really wanted to watch First Man but just... didn't... BlacKkKlansman is another I slept on despite my love for Adam Driver.

Isle of Dogs is great isn't it? I'm glad you watched it and I'm glad you really enjoyed it. :) Have you seen A Star Is Born yet? That was one of the best films I saw last year, Lady Gaga's performance is phenomenal.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:23 pm 
Community Member
Elder
Mootinie wrote:
Needy wrote:
Mootinie wrote:

It pretty much is. It doesn't bring much to the table.

There were a lot of films I missed in 2018. I really wanted to watch First Man but just... didn't... BlacKkKlansman is another I slept on despite my love for Adam Driver.

Isle of Dogs is great isn't it? I'm glad you watched it and I'm glad you really enjoyed it. :) Have you seen A Star Is Born yet? That was one of the best films I saw last year, Lady Gaga's performance is phenomenal.

There were a lot of GREAT films this year too, but I was definitely slacking a bit myself until recently. If you liked Loving Vincent I think you may like Roma, very good film. Been wanting to watch Widows, Shoplifters, If Beale Street Could Talk, Can You Ever Forgive Me? and The Favourite (and a LOT more, I'm just remembering them all now, ha) All were rated very high though, seems like this is the year for non-blockbusters, I suppose, which is very interesting and EXCITING TO SEE! I actually have both First Man & BlacKkKlansman but have yet to watch them either. And oh my god, YES to both Isle of Dogs & A Star Is Born! Was so stoked to Isle of Dogs. Both were as good as I would imagine. Gaga going for that oscar!

Films I'd suggest that I watched recently would be Bubblebee, Sorry to Bother You, and The Ballad of Buster Scruggs whenever you have the time!

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:32 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:168005072
Transformers: Bubble: Rating: 0/10 ass af. Not enough action scenes too much comedy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:48 pm 
Community Member
Elder
Chaos_Boss wrote:
Transformers: Bubble: Rating: 0/10 ass af. Not enough action scenes too much comedy.

The point of the movie was to not make it into another Michael Bay film

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:40 pm 
EgN Member
Yeah I've been wanting to watch Roma for a while too. There's talk it's going to be nominated for a Best PIcture Oscar despite being a foreign language Netflix film. Pretty groundbreaking in both respects.

I'd like to see The Favourite as well. Olivia Colman playing lead in another possible Best Picture is such a wonderful thing.

Widows was one of those films with a bad trailer. I was actually surprised to hear it was good given how poor I found the trailer haha.

I wasn't a fan of The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. The anthology format didn't work for me, I didn't really get invested and found it slow.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:49 pm 
Community Member
Elder
Mootinie wrote:
Yeah I've been wanting to watch Roma for a while too. There's talk it's going to be nominated for a Best PIcture Oscar despite being a foreign language Netflix film. Pretty groundbreaking in both respects.

Wouldn't be surprised, though would hope to see Green Book get best picture per chance, and it seems A Star Is Born is also high in chances for the nomination.

Would be thrilled to see either one of those get it.

Mootinie wrote:
I'd like to see The Favourite as well. Olivia Colman playing lead in another possible Best Picture is such a wonderful thing.

Widows was one of those films with a bad trailer. I was actually surprised to hear it was good given how poor I found the trailer haha.

I wasn't a fan of The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. The anthology format didn't work for me, I didn't really get invested and found it slow.

But for sure, The Favourite looks like it'd be REALLY good! Olivia Colman is a revelation, definitely getting that Oscar nomination for Best Actress. Easily three of the greatest actresses for the film! And you know, I've never watched the trailer for Widows. Naturally, I'd often watch the film without watching the trailer (normally read a few reviews, but besides that not one for basing it off the trailer) but as far as reviews go, it sounds pretty insanely good. For The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, could see that. Was definitely a mix for a lot of those. Definitely a preference for others!

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:08 pm 
EgN Member
Bumblebee - This is the Hailee Steinfeld show. She's forceful, she's vulnerable. Strong yet somber, she has a presence that is undeniable. I remember watching Mean Streets and thinking holy shit that Robert De Niro is dynamite. His performance was my take away from Martin Scorsese's first ever feature length film because everything else seemed to pale in significance, even the film being Martin Scorsese's first ever feature length film didn't matter. Hailee Steinfeld can carry this perfectly fine on her own and it's to her advantage that the supporting cast is largely unremarkable. What is remarkable is this story, being told in its simplicity and certainly better better in theory than execution, but here we have a story with a giant sophisticated yellow transforming robot that somehow winds up being heartfelt, honest and ultimately human. It's an achievement in the art of storytelling that they manage to navigate from point A to point B. You'll feel at home with Bumblebee's conventional structure, it's familiar pacing and you'll most definitely notice the tropes that are present to paper the cracks. But you'd have to be jaded to point to any of those factors as points against what is a thoroughly pleasant viewing experience that can have even young adults like me feeling a little bit touched when the credits begin to roll. 7.5/10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:55 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:51872560
Watched "Inherent Vice" last night. Blew my mind. Based off a book by Thomas Pynchon, a very recluse artist. Check it out.
12/26 12:20AM - I took off my alt tab bind

New Topic Post Reply  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22