New Topic Post Reply  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Best Anime Series?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:05 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
Death Note is really great up to a certain point. I loved the dynamic between L and Kira but I think they wrote themselves into a corner and then had to break some of their own rules.

Steins;Gate starts out really slow and is actually quite average for the first few episodes but it all makes sense later on and then holy shit, it just blew me away haha. A very personal, intense story on time travel and the effect it would have on our lives if it became a reality. Surprisingly easy to understand too, none of that Doctor Who science.

Attack on Titan is obviously an absolutely brilliant story, with fantastic characters that are easy to relate to. I think everybody watching it is either an Eren, a Mikasa or an Armin. I haven't seen the second season yet but the first has several nail-biters alongside some excellent character-driven emotional scenes. The one where Armin pleads his case gave me major goosebumps and for all the violence, the morose moments, the relief and the joy, it was that humble little scene that hit me the hardest.

Cowboy Bebop, yeah it's fucking great I love it so much haha. I love how the characters aboard the Bebop are all overtly the same even if they never admit as much. Some of the episodes are just decent but then there's ones like Ballad of Fallen Angels, Jupiter Jazz and Pierrot le Fou. Man, it can hit home too. The one where Jet goes home, that one always get me even if it's not a particularly strong episode or anything. Spike is the dude I yearn to be man, just proper chill. I love the scene where he's in the ship as it's burning up and he just sparks up, accepts his fate and recognises the sheer fruitlessness of panicking. Whatever happens, happens is my fucking life motto man, some shit is just beyond your control.

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:29 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49794826
You two I swear. ??

Favorite anime...I have a lot.
Fruits Basket: It's one of the only anime where I read the manga first. I've seen the show and read the manga multiple times since. I love the concept of the Zodiac being living reincarnations and curses always make things interesting. Also romance. ?

Charlotte: My brother got me into this one. Wasn't what I expected it to be when we started watching it. Absolutely love it and the characters are beautifully written . Still not sure how I feel about the last episode though.

DanMachi or Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon: First time I saw this it was half way through. I was enthralled and ended up rewatching the whole thing afterwards. I love shows that have to do with gods' in living forms and their followers. There's so many different things going on in the shows and it always keeps your attention.

Sword Art Online Season 1: This was maybe the second anime I ever watched and definitely one I've seen the most. Season one was a wonderfully executed anime filled with romance, action, and humor. I absolutely adore it.

Theres so many more I could name. ?

Anime is trash...And so am I. ?

EgN| Vertical_360: What's a grown up? I bet its gross.
Simmons: The best jail bait there is. Get used to it :P
Jeremy 10:31 pm when you find a woman willing to walk into hell for you....you found *Her*

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:29 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Mootinie wrote:
Death Note is really great up to a certain point. I loved the dynamic between L and Kira but I think they wrote themselves into a corner and then had to break some of their own rules.

Steins;Gate starts out really slow and is actually quite average for the first few episodes but it all makes sense later on and then holy shit, it just blew me away haha. A very personal, intense story on time travel and the effect it would have on our lives if it became a reality. Surprisingly easy to understand too, none of that Doctor Who science.

Attack on Titan is obviously an absolutely brilliant story, with fantastic characters that are easy to relate to. I think everybody watching it is either an Eren, a Mikasa or an Armin. I haven't seen the second season yet but the first has several nail-biters alongside some excellent character-driven emotional scenes. The one where Armin pleads his case gave me major goosebumps and for all the violence, the morose moments, the relief and the joy, it was that humble little scene that hit me the hardest.

Cowboy Bebop, yeah it's fucking great I love it so much haha. I love how the characters aboard the Bebop are all overtly the same even if they never admit as much. Some of the episodes are just decent but then there's ones like Ballad of Fallen Angels, Jupiter Jazz and Pierrot le Fou. Man, it can hit home too. The one where Jet goes home, that one always get me even if it's not a particularly strong episode or anything. Spike is the dude I yearn to be man, just proper chill. I love the scene where he's in the ship as it's burning up and he just sparks up, accepts his fate and recognises the sheer fruitlessness of panicking. Whatever happens, happens is my fucking life motto man, some shit is just beyond your control.

Holy shit steins gate AND cowboy bebop? I didn't know u were actually cool moot my bad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:31 pm 
Co Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80046838
Lunk wrote:
Mootinie wrote:

Holy shit steins gate AND cowboy bebop? I didn't know u were actually cool moot my bad

Steins gate is to good for yah
2018 Goals for EgN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:33 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42762240
Tricky wrote:
Lunk wrote:
Mootinie wrote:

Steins gate is to good for yah

Halo Legends is good for yah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:54 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382
Hands down my favorite anime is Dragon Ball/Z/Super. Dragon Ball doesn't really have that same anime like style compared to others. My dad first introduced DB to me at age 8, I believe. I've fell in love with it ever since. I only watch dubbed, so none of y'all who watch subbed spoil it for me or I will virtually slap you through your PC. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:14 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15637141
Tricky wrote:
I'm disgusted looking at this

Haha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:20 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:36657842