Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:40 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
I have 2 topics i want to go over:
Why retired people stays around.
Why Members has become so toxic.

Disclaimer: This is Not meant for everyone, Its without negativity. Only love for What i hold dear.
Your opinion is more than welcome aslong as there is Not the slightest intend to harrass.

To the members : Your persoective of the whole debate or Whatever you wanna Call it recently is for me unclear. You say you want the old members to dissapear or They arent welcome. And i want to try and convince you Why that is wrong.
Being a part of something for years is hard to let go. Put it this way you are going from highschool to College in the other end of the country. (You are being split up) you dont expect to talk with anyone from your highschool. Although a fucked up first week at College makes you rethink the decision, and some memories and old friends you miss comes back into mind.
That is basicly EgNs retired. They have spend alot of years in EgN and dont want to let go completely of the good times They used to have in EgN.

Telling Them to Fuck off is unwelcoming and makes us in a worse spot that we Actually are.
Try and think about future recruits! Who the Fuck wants to be trampled Down Cuz They are a lower rank or because They Werent sure to join or Not. It doesnt put us in the best of light. Consider if that Way of thinking and acting is really How it should be.

To the retired: First of all Thank you for your service and willingness to be a part of an awesome community Ive grown a fond of.
It dissapoints me then that the statement “new members Lol” is a saying. You know better than all, that being passive aggressive like that Only brings harm. Whatever reason you have for doing that is probably nothing i know of. But When i see revoked membership posts i see joy and happiness towards a Once loved community. Why cant it stay like that?

Your imoact that you have had and still have in this community is one of the reasons we have stayed around for so many years.
And speaking of many years. With EgN being so old of a community as it is. Members come and go. It Doesnt mean casting a bad light on the new. That is Why so many of out community leave, i have a feeling of.

Throwback:

Since Im considered new of this community being 7 months old. I thought i would share a dream and a hope for What i want this community to like it was When i joined.

Even though Ive Not been here for a long time Ive seen people smile, seen people cry, seen people laugh, seen people have fun for a while. All with the intend and the same love for a community people were striving to have and had.
I Saw banter and groups on teamspeak with open arms towards new people like me. I saw a vision of an everlasting jailbreak with a Big following of members a novembers playing and Having fun everyday for hours.
I Saw groups doing fun nights of diffrent games, servers and other shenanigans. And that gave me a clear idea of What i wanted to join.
It was said that EgN was the chosen one to bring balance to all the servers of gamin Not leave it in darkness and toxicity.

I hope to see this Once again. And wanna do my part. Remember my Channel is always open and i live to hear about How it was at somepoint and Why people have been around for so long. Im always open and love to hear about People’s vision of this community.

So Tell me. Is the State of the community Where you want it to be. Or do you wanna participate in making EgN What it used to be for you/ What you want it to be?! This is a group decision of everyone. Everyone Can do their part in making this a better place to stay!

Fuck the toxicity!

EgN moments:

Spoiler: Show

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:42 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Still standing by what I said in the other thread. I believe everyone had good argument points. Also no one ever said “fuck off” to them so I’m trying to figure out why you say that. Let’s maybe be a bit more accurate about what was said. And the other point you said about making recruits feel like they’re at the bottom doesn’t make much sense for me. Recruit is recruit. If someone is upset over being the bottom rank for 2 weeks then so what. It’s the tag you wear the least when you join the community.

Not gonna lie Sly but you have yet to convince me. I’m still gonna push for this and I’ll do it respectfully like we’ve been doing. It’s not hard.. be a member or be a registered user.

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:33 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Link wrote:
Still standing by what I said in the other thread. I believe everyone had good argument points. Also no one ever said “fuck off” to them so I’m trying to figure out why you say that. Let’s maybe be a bit more accurate about what was said. And the other point you said about making recruits feel like they’re at the bottom doesn’t make much sense for me. Recruit is recruit. If someone is upset over being the bottom rank for 2 weeks then so what. It’s the tag you wear the least when you join the community.

Not gonna lie Sly but you have yet to convince me. I’m still gonna push for this and I’ll do it respectfully like we’ve been doing. It’s not hard.. be a member or be a registered user.

I think the Fuck off part comes from me just watching neutrally from the sideline. Also it might not be meant as a Fuck off. But for the receiver it might feel like it.

For the other part about recruit: Its Not welcoming and attractive for new people to come if Its Not allowed to test the water as registrered user/ retired bcs of the members+. Im saying this as if the retired rank Got removed and since i consider the 2 ranks the same none the less.

My actual point is to stop the toxicity that has been going on, on the forums the last days ( atleast Thats How i have seen it)

EgN moments:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:50 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Sly wrote:
Link wrote:

I think the Fuck off part comes from me just watching neutrally from the sideline. Also it might not be meant as a Fuck off. But for the receiver it might feel like it.

For the other part about recruit: Its Not welcoming and attractive for new people to come if Its Not allowed to test the water as registrered user/ retired bcs of the members+. Im saying this as if the retired rank Got removed and since i consider the 2 ranks the same none the less.

My actual point is to stop the toxicity that has been going on, on the forums the last days ( atleast Thats How i have seen it)

Yeah I understand where you come from about the toxicity, but most of the posts in the other thread were constructive posts. Yes people get heated, but it’s normal around here. People are taking the thread serious though for the most part besides a few pointless posts by a few retired/member+. And yes I’ll admit I side tracked a couple posts. Like Gold said in it though, there is plenty to bring up for the monthly meeting. Member+ is basically the retired group for those who want to hang around, yet be able to do their own thing. If you’re going to join a community then leave. You’re joining another place so why would you still want connection.

Also I would like to ask something quick. What do you think comes to a recruit’s mind first when people sit in chatbox saying Egn was better back then and it’s not fun here anymore?

They may be tired of the community but I don’t think they’re opinion is needed at that point. It reflects onto our new recruits.

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:31 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
You couldnt have added this to the thread that was already made to discuss issues like this? Kinda against the forum rules I believe.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:41 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Answer to the question; are you trying to force me to say something? Also there is alot of variables to answers from different people.

2 of the possibilities:

Man i wish i was there back When.........
Why do i bother joining

But Thats exactly my point aswell, might have forgot to write it in the post since Im multitasking

Could i ask u specificly What you wanted from the other post? Retired rank gone? If so, why, and why does the rank bother you that much?

Gold this wasnt meant to be the same topic. It was meant for negatitivity to reduce, it took a U turn.

EgN moments:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:44 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Sly wrote:
Retired rank gone? If so, why, and why does the rank bother you that much?
Gold this wasnt meant to be the same topic. It was meant for negatitivity to reduce, it took a U turn.

Read my post on my thread about retired rank, I summed it up pretty much. And it was just going to add more by breaking that thread up into pieces. Keep it all in one place.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again