1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:55 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42238843
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
I didnt know I had to do this, but here is my plan for the retired rank: (dont steal my idea and make millions off of it ;-;)

- Retired rank is a good rank, stop bitching over the fact that "if people wanna be here they should be in the clan REEEEEE" because no. People have lives, and they cant dedicate all their time to the clan. Most people cant get on the forums to be an active member. So they go retired. Removing the rank will just make more people upset because it makes it seem like we dont care about the people who were here in the past. Yeah there are also people who leave on bad terms, but just put those people as registered user. But ill get into that.

- Make the Retired rank something that they get when they have been here for a while. Not someone who joins then quits immediately, cause that's not retiring, thats quitting. Give it to those who gave to the community, maybe longer than a year of being active in the community. Lets face it, a time frame is the only way to solve this and everyone shouldn't be getting the rank.

- Give them limited forum access. Some Retired people have great convos in the chatbox. I love talking to Mootinie, Goopsauce, etc. when they are posting there. Give them the ability to view LOA's to see what their friends wrote about them, to see the replies, etc. Closure is always a good thing no matter who you are or what the situation is.

- Some other forum access, give them general thread access such as general discussions, IT portion, news, technology and games, etc. This is where they can post life updates about how they are doing after leaving EgN, what great discoveries they made, help with technology issues, post about new games etc.

- Let the retired people in on the monthly meetings if they want to come. Maybe they are curious about where EgN is headed and if they can provide any helpful tips.

- Obviously let them access submit a ban and the complaints area incase they run into server problems.

Dont knock the Retired rank idea. Dont think of it as some rank we give to douchebags for leaving our clan, but saying hey thanks for being apart of our clan and doing something great while you here. Not everyone leaves on bad blood, and we should respect the ones who choose their life over a gaming community. You never want someone to feel bad that they are taking life on, instead of sitting in their room playing games until they die as well as make the people who are here think they need to be here all the time in order to be connected with the community. You never want to trap your members, but give them comfortable options wherever they are. Just saying..

honestly only reason i haven't fully left is because i enjoy reading the forums and responding to stuff if I feel like it, can't access all the sections I want without the member tag

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:56 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:48892477
Why not just revoke access to the specific people supposedly giving retired rank the bad name instead of punishing them all. Sure they'll cry favoritism but they should know better then to act like how it sounds like they're acting anyway.

Like for example, I wouldn't give it to someone like fitzgerald who based off his LOA would come back to troll, but I would give it to Mootinie who we know has been in the clan and dedicated staff time and multiple hours in playing and still comes on to provide advice and serious input.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:04 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19242639
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
I didnt know I had to do this, but here is my plan for the retired rank: (dont steal my idea and make millions off of it ;-;)

- Retired rank is a good rank, stop bitching over the fact that "if people wanna be here they should be in the clan REEEEEE" because no. People have lives, and they cant dedicate all their time to the clan. Most people cant get on the forums to be an active member. So they go retired. Removing the rank will just make more people upset because it makes it seem like we dont care about the people who were here in the past. Yeah there are also people who leave on bad terms, but just put those people as registered user. But ill get into that.

- Make the Retired rank something that they get when they have been here for a while. Not someone who joins then quits immediately, cause that's not retiring, thats quitting. Give it to those who gave to the community, maybe longer than a year of being active in the community. Lets face it, a time frame is the only way to solve this and everyone shouldn't be getting the rank.

- Give them limited forum access. Some Retired people have great convos in the chatbox. I love talking to Mootinie, Goopsauce, etc. when they are posting there. Give them the ability to view LOA's to see what their friends wrote about them, to see the replies, etc. Closure is always a good thing no matter who you are or what the situation is.

- Some other forum access, give them general thread access such as general discussions, IT portion, news, technology and games, etc. This is where they can post life updates about how they are doing after leaving EgN, what great discoveries they made, help with technology issues, post about new games etc.

- Let the retired people in on the monthly meetings if they want to come. Maybe they are curious about where EgN is headed and if they can provide any helpful tips.

- Obviously let them access submit a ban and the complaints area incase they run into server problems.

Dont knock the Retired rank idea. Dont think of it as some rank we give to douchebags for leaving our clan, but saying hey thanks for being apart of our clan and doing something great while you here. Not everyone leaves on bad blood, and we should respect the ones who choose their life over a gaming community. You never want someone to feel bad that they are taking life on, instead of sitting in their room playing games until they die as well as make the people who are here think they need to be here all the time in order to be connected with the community. You never want to trap your members, but give them comfortable options wherever they are. Just saying..

This, this, holy damn this. This is pretty much what I've been saying this whole debate either directly but fractured, or indirectly. Thanks Gold.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:16 am 
Co Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80046838
J-Dawg wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:

This, this, holy damn this. This is pretty much what I've been saying this whole debate either directly but fractured, or indirectly. Thanks Gold.

Supporter without Admin perms?
2018 Goals for EgN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:23 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Tricky wrote:
J-Dawg wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:

Supporter without Admin perms?

Supporter without all the garbage shit they got. Member admin perms, basically treated like a staff member (aka sloppy caboose blazin etc [ur gey cabooose]), the way you got the rank "you have to give your first born child, but some people had to give three more", etc.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:27 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Roaxes wrote:
Why not just revoke access to the specific people supposedly giving retired rank the bad name instead of punishing them all. Sure they'll cry favoritism but they should know better then to act like how it sounds like they're acting anyway.

Like for example, I wouldn't give it to someone like fitzgerald who based off his LOA would come back to troll, but I would give it to Mootinie who we know has been in the clan and dedicated staff time and multiple hours in playing and still comes on to provide advice and serious input.

Who would decide who will keep it and who won't?
If it's only staff you're going to get the discussions of not letting members vote, or that friends will be locked out and people get angry.
If it's member vote u will have personal issues come up, like sarge, that will greatly affect the voting.
Curious how u would do it
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:41 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Terminator wrote:
Roaxes wrote:

If it's only staff you're going to get the discussions of not letting members vote, or that friends will be locked out and people get angry.
If it's member vote u will have personal issues come up, like sarge, that will greatly affect the voting.

No, no no no, no, and more no. It will be time based like if they have been here for a year or so. Anyone voting on who gets retired is kind of stupid. Who ever has been dedicated to the community will get it. If they leave on bad terms, then they dont get it. Dont make this more complicated than it needs to be.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:25 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24921937
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
Terminator wrote:
Roaxes wrote:

No, no no no, no, and more no. It will be time based like if they have been here for a year or so. Anyone voting on who gets retired is kind of stupid. Who ever has been dedicated to the community will get it. If they leave on bad terms, then they dont get it. Dont make this more complicated than it needs to be.

So like Legend but the diet soda version???

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:51 am 
EgN Member
Legend
AJtheGreyBeard025 wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
Terminator wrote:
Roaxes wrote:

So like Legend but the diet soda version???

How about like Recruit but the Recruit version?

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:47 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
J-Dawg wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:

Uh yeah can we do this hello?
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)
Spoiler: Show

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

New Topic Locked  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 >> Next