Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: delaying the round?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:22 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Terminator wrote:
Sly wrote:
But to answer terminators real question.

Yes and no you can look for them.

Quote:
47: You must make sure the round progresses.

So this means that you cannot find rebellers because u gotta progress the round. but this leads me to another question -> when is it needed for admins to say or do this? When t's are frozen for more than 30 seconds without new order?

And Yes u can do it
Quote:
46: You must play your role as a guard.

Which means if someone trys to escape ur jail/prison your obligated to track them down because no survivors leave EgN's prison alive!

So when u do an order that is killable as a warden while tracking cts down u cannot make other cts kill them, which means you gotta stay with them to progress the round.
but is that after 30 seconds of pursuing the rebellers or do u have to progress at all times?
I see this as a bit of a dilemma since the 2 rules are kinda going over each other :)

Personally I consider progressing the round as following the steps to get to lr

So give orders, then play games, then get lr
That is if there are no rebelers.

When people rebel the step of killing the rebelers gets added somewhere in between when u have a chance to kill them.

This wasn't really a question of how u should do it but more of how do u guys do it and what do u think is the correct way to do it since there are multiple ways and opinions about doing it correctly.

I usually chase the rebelers myself and have a high chance of killing them. In the time the Ts are standing there I ask them what they want to play and plan how to do it so that after the rebelers died we can go. That is because I consider chasing the rebelers is playing your role, warden or not.

Letting rounds get ruined by rebeletw isn't playing your role
So u gotta chase them in my opinion

As warden, especially during the play of a game, you should more rely on other CTs to kill them, as they're a CT also, which who also have to attempt to kill rebellers, no matter on how good or bad they are. If they refuse, they're simply not doing their role as a CT should be doing. If you, as the warden, are playing a game I wouldn't say you should leave them (letting other CTs watch them) as its warden kills only, and you can't progress the game unless your with the Ts so it really depends on the situation at the time and how you see it, also following the generic aspects of progressing the round.

In regards to progressing the round for a T to have LR, you're right. As warden you should be playing games too in which elimites the Ts until the last one, who ultimately gets their Last Request

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:27 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
Quote:
This wasn't really a question of how u should do it but more of how do u guys do it and what do u think is the correct way to do it since there are multiple ways and opinions about doing it correctly.
So u gotta chase them in my opinion

IM THE SUPERIOR CT I CHASE REBELLERS BECAUSE IM THE BEST CT ON THE TEAM NO MATTER WHAT, WARDEN OR NOT xD :) <3

no for real, i probably tell the cts to get their head out of their asses and kill the guy for about 2 minutes then i go in there and kill them myself because they dont listen -> not exactly like that

EgN moments:

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:30 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Quote:
As warden, especially during the play of a game, you should more rely on other CTs to kill them, as they're a CT also, which who also have to attempt to kill rebellers, no matter on how good or bad they are. If they refuse, they're simply not doing their role as a CT should be doing. If you, as the warden, are playing a game I wouldn't say you should leave them (letting other CTs watch them) as its warden kills only, and you can't progress the game unless your with the Ts so it really depends on the situation at the time and how you see it, also following the generic aspects of progressing the round.

On razor nobody wants to be ct, so cts who only kill ninja steppers and people with guns are better than doing it alone. not saying u arent correct

EgN moments:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:35 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Sly wrote:
Quote:

On razor nobody wants to be ct, so cts who only kill ninja steppers and people with guns are better than doing it alone. not saying u arent correct

My point is however... IF u stay with it's as warden and play games in pool or soccer the rebelers will come after u and the round gets ruined because u didn't take a minute to make sure everything is safe.

I can trust ct's to kill rebelers if I know that they can do it.
But if u are honest u know that if u putt somebody like a new guy or some bad player against fishy,me,simplistic,... than u know that it isn't going to end well for that CT chasing one of us.

In which my situation comes back of the rebelers waiting for u to make a move to shoot u. In which u would have no other choice than go kill them real quick.
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:52 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Terminator wrote:
My point is however... IF u stay with it's as warden and play games in pool or soccer the rebelers will come after u and the round gets ruined because u didn't take a minute to make sure everything is safe.

I can trust ct's to kill rebelers if I know that they can do it.
But if u are honest u know that if u putt somebody like a new guy or some bad player against fishy,me,simplistic,... than u know that it isn't going to end well for that CT chasing one of us.

In which my situation comes back of the rebelers waiting for u to make a move to shoot u. In which u would have no other choice than go kill them real quick.

Well its not opinion based. The rules state u gotta progress the round by doing orders while the other cts progresses the round by killing the t's.
Trust or not thats how the game is played with our rules.

Play a game, find the last guy, tell them to stay frozen if they want lr. then kill the rebelers.

EgN moments:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:55 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Opinion based as intepretating the rules as to how or what progressing is.
Ussualy it is to late to find rebelers if u wait for lr. That has been proven many times
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:49 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
The way i see it is as long as T's are dying your gettkng closer to the end so ur fine as long as ur killing them one wayor the ither right?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:53 am 
Community Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
This can going many ways, as basically what everyone's been saying it varies depending on well the status of the players, both CT's and terrorists. So, strictly speaking there are plenty of rules the apply to this scenario but don't necessarily enforce what the CT's should and shouldn't do due to the status (i.e 47 You must make sure the round progresses. Admin Guidelines, 46 You must play your role as a guard. Guards (CT), etc) so that basically leads to two roles of CT. A regular guard, and the warden. Whereas, as an admin, you shouldn't force the CT's / warden to do what's best but rather encourage them to either progress the round by pursuing the rebellers and/or giving orders.

> As a guard you're suppose to both oblige to the warden and/or assist by protecting the round preventing rebelling T's from interfering with the game play and the status of those not rebelling.
> As the warden, you're obliged to do the same; although, you're main priority is progressing the round further with those who are not rebelling to further get LR.
> As an admin you just have to be sure the round progresses in an orderly fashion whether that is the CT's are searching for rebellers or the warden progresses by giving orders

Now, varying, say if there is a 2:1 ratio between T's & Ct's; however, there are half or so of those T's rebelling for an easier interpretation, taken on razor, there are six CT's and twelve terrorists. There are five T's rebelling meanwhile the remaining seven are align at the bottom of main cell stairs frozen. Warden should continue progressing the orders to those who are not rebelling but should remain aware of their surrounding to which I normally will (on razor) stand behind big cage so I have a fitting point of view of the T's who are not rebelling (normally giving orders that is continuing jumping / rotating your mouse to not only keep them busy but it makes it slower for them to rebel on spot) as well as my sides, away from AWP window. Generally, I will tell all CT's to look for the rebelling T's as I have a fairly good hand on watching a group of harmless T's.

But again, this depends on the status of the warden, T's, and remaining guards. So, what I would say is that if there are more or just as many T's rebelling to guards you should pause, per se, orders to which I would just suggest giving the T's a continuous order of "remain jumping" and/or "stay crouched" to at prevent the "give us orders / we've just been standing here", and if you don't feel that the CT's on your team are going to find / kill the rebellers you should (1) give warden to someone else (2) tell one or two CT's to watch over the T's who are not rebelling (3) remain with T's but aware of the rebelling T's hiding, but shouldn't leave the remaining T's at the bottom of cell stairs un-watched. Now, if there are more CT's alive than those rebelling then you should continue to progress the round by giving orders, closer to LR, and direct the remaining CT's (or a few) to pursue the other rebellers.

tl;dr
more T's than CT's, pursue rebelling T's while still keeping watch on those not rebelling
same amount of T's rebelling than CT's, continue to progress the round but slowly, while remaining aware of what's around you
less T's than CT's rebelling, focus on furthering the round with the T's not rebelling, close to LR. As for anything in regards to whether you trust your CT's or not is on you to give up warden, or have them watch the T's not rebelling.

Many possibilities. Varies on the warden.
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

Last edited by Needy on Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:51 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
Warden’s main job should be giving orders to progress the round since no other CTs can do it, at least in my opinion.

Not to say warden can’t or shouldn’t pursue but if it isn’t something they can immediately handle I think it would be best for them to watch the T’s and give orders for a number of reasons. One mainly like I said before is because they are the only one who can give orders, but any CT can pursue. Second the longer the T’s go without orders or a game the more likely they are to rebel, especially if the warden isn’t in the vicinity. If the warden is gone for even only 30 seconds the round can easily snowball and quickly turn to almost a warday. Lastly if you take warden you are agreeing to give orders and be responsible for the nonrebelling T’s, if you are so much better than the other CTs or want to pursue so bad then you don’t have to take warden and can focus on killing rebellers instead while a different warden gives orders. There’s not really any point in just letting T’s sit around doing nothing for long periods of time just cause you want to try and be a hero. It’s fine to pursue just for a few seconds but there comes a point was the warden where it is much more important to just give orders and let CTs handle it.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2