1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Improvements in EgN
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:48 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
We wanna start out by thanking everyone who voted for us for this opportunity.
And now for the post. Like both Terminator and I promised, we wanna make a change and by this we mean improvements. So if you have anything on your heart that you desire or feel like we need. Now is the perfect to say it out loud.
Nothing is too much and everything will be taken into consideration. But we cannot promise everything will be fixed, we only got a month ^^

Kind regards The representatives
Please use this when replying <3
Code:
[color=#FFFF00]Jailbreak: Is there anything that needs improvement on? Rules, Server, Mods, Other?[/color]
[color=#FFFF00]Other servers: Does TTT need improvement?[/color]
[color=#FFFF00]Scoutknives? Mods such as rpg and else?[/color]
[color=#FFFF00]A new server? Zombie mod, Surf, other?[/color]
[color=#FFFF00]Is the vanilla server necessary? Or should it be changed to something else? [/color]
[color=#FFFF00]Does anything else need to change inside of EgN?[/color]

EgN moments:

Spoiler: Show

Social 
 Post subject: Re: Improvements in EgN
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:37 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
Jailbreak: Is there anything that needs improvement on? Rules, Server, Mods, Other? Remove razor. /s
Other servers: Does TTT need improvement? No
Scoutknives? Mods such as rpg and else? Remove radio plugin, add necessary EgN plugins (rank tag, spray mod, swap mod, etc.)
A new server? Zombie mod, Surf, other? A fucking working minigames server. Like for fucks sake it's been months and that shit is still broken. Where the fuck is winter?
Is the vanilla server necessary? Or should it be changed to something else? Change it to a comp server and add a comp plugin.
Does anything else need to change inside of EgN? Fix the fucking MG server. Good god I go inactive for a few months and that server has not fucking changed one bit. FastDL? Still fucking broken. Plugins? Absolute shit, despite us previously having working ones. Hell, my map is still on the list despite me requesting it being removed for being trash (which it is; it was a test map that was meant to be on there temporary to see if the gameplay worked, y'know, while this version of the server was still a fucking test version...) I don't know where the fuck winter is, but shit hasn't changed and it's been months. Imo, this is absolutely disgraceful. If winter is still running it, shit hasn't changed, and I honestly think he should be replaced, he clearly isn't active enough to run it.

I'm sorry, but that shit has me salty. I've actually asked staff what's happening with that server and they all point me to winter. I asked winter a few months ago while I was still in EgN (More like half a year at this point I think) and he tells me he's "working on it". Half a year, why has very little changed? God damn. Come on EgN, fix your fucking server.

Rant over.
Beep boop.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:27 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
Xanderian wrote:
Where the fuck is winter?

He left the clan
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:15 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
Jailbreak: Is there anything that needs improvement on? Rules, Server, Mods, Other? Anti cheat could be a good thing
Other servers: Does TTT need improvement? i dont believe so.
Scoutknives? Mods such as rpg and else? i believe scoutknives needs some kind of makeup. Its potential is way bigger than what it is right now
A new server? Zombie mod, Surf, other? Ill gladly make a surf map for the giggles.
Is the vanilla server necessary? Or should it be changed to something else? It has been down for a long time. It seems to me it wasnt really missed. Im not entirely sure if its needed. But as i understand we can make alot of servers so i dont really care
Does anything else need to change inside of EgN?

Ill edit this as more people come to me :)

Link for anticheat https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1561689

EgN moments:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:19 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Xanderian wrote:

He left the clan

so then who the hell is replacing him lol

minigames when
Beep boop.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:26 pm 
Community Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Xanderian wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Xanderian wrote:

He left the clan

minigames when

no one, the development team is suppose to work in cooperation with it but we sorta don't have a working development team; salt is the only one that i've seen work at the slightest with any other server besides jailbreak
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:39 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49794826
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Xanderian wrote:

He left the clan

minigames when

no one, the development team is suppose to work in cooperation with it but we sorta don't have a working development team; salt is the only one that i've seen work at the slightest with any other server besides jailbreak

Like I said in chat. We were having a small issue with fast dl. He's been working on it today and we're trying to fix it. But he is only one person and I know its frustrating. But I promise we are trying.....

EgN| Vertical_360: What's a grown up? I bet its gross.
Simmons: The best jail bait there is. Get used to it :P
Jeremy 10:31 pm when you find a woman willing to walk into hell for you....you found *Her*

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:24 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
BriBee wrote:
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Xanderian wrote:

He left the clan

minigames when

Like I said in chat. We were having a small issue with fast dl. He's been working on it today and we're trying to fix it. But he is only one person and I know its frustrating. But I promise we are trying.....

yeah except dev team was supposed to be working in cooperation half a year ago two, and even then everyone just pointed me to winter.

Where's the teamwork in that? And now, you're saying "he" and "one person"? You mean to tell me that of the 10 people listed as being in the dev team (not including noreh [dyno's alt], kharn, and matt), not one person thought to ask "Hey, how do I setup a FastDL?" or a "Do you need any help with the MG server?" over the many months it's been like this?

Shit, I know for a fact that Doldol, Dyno, and plenty of others would have been more than willing to help anyone figure that shit out if the people actually had the initiative to go and approach them. At the very least they'd have passed it off to someone else. Yet not a damn one has been trying to get that shit done? Some dev team you have going there.

And where are all the staff+ on this? You all pretty much have the combined power (even if probably not individually) to change out the dev team if it needs to be done or to give people needed things like panel access. You all have staff meetings, which are a powerful tool, so why not use them? You all have all the power that the members and regulars do not, and yet the dev team still clearly is filled with members who aren't doing anything. Make a fucking staff+ vote if you have to but something has got to happen with that minigames server.

I'm sorry if you think I'm being rude but this shit needs to be said. That server has been dead for far too long. It's actually starting to get depressing.
Beep boop.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:32 pm 
Community Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Xanderian wrote:

yeah except dev team was supposed to be working in cooperation half a year ago two, and even then everyone just pointed me to winter.

Where's the teamwork in that? And now, you're saying "he" and "one person"? You mean to tell me that of the 10 people listed as being in the dev team (not including noreh [dyno's alt], kharn, and matt), not one person thought to ask "Hey, how do I setup a FastDL?" or a "Do you need any help with the MG server?" over the many months it's been like this?

Shit, I know for a fact that Doldol, Dyno, and plenty of others would have been more than willing to help anyone figure that shit out if the people actually had the initiative to go and approach them. At the very least they'd have passed it off to someone else. Yet not a damn one has been trying to get that shit done? Some dev team you have going there.

And where are all the staff+ on this? You all pretty much have the combined power (even if probably not individually) to change out the dev team if it needs to be done or to give people needed things like panel access. You all have staff meetings, which are a powerful tool, so why not use them? You all have all the power that the members and regulars do not, and yet the dev team still clearly is filled with members who aren't doing anything. Make a fucking staff+ vote if you have to but something has got to happen with that minigames server.

I'm sorry if you think I'm being rude but this shit needs to be said. That server has been dead for far too long. It's actually starting to get depressing.

Never said the development team was ever at first-rate, or even near that. It's should have been fairly clear that the development team won't ever hit that marker because we (and have always since managers) have lacked the knowledge, skill, and motivation to those who have joined the development team (or have become managers before the development team was introduced). The only real expectation on a working server now is if someone like Dyno or Doldol joins the clan, and wants to fix these servers. No offense to those in the development team now but I think it's quite under-debate to say otherwise (especially to NaCl because i know he's been trying the most).

And no, it's not that the development team hasn't thought about asking questions about the server it's the fact that no one is willing to help them, give them access, and/or that they don't want to

Trust me, from being Staff, since the development team was created it has never been at any rate, at the slightest of good.

More simply said:
takes up free time
its boring
it takes a lot of time (once again) & knowledge
requires patience, skill, and communication (again)
did i mention it's boring?

no one wants to do it, people join this clan to play games, not to setup servers

People join the development team (just as the rest of the groups) to be more active, and help within the clan, normally those who aren't familiar with how to setup a server, and realise it's much harder than it seemed

dj7joke, inactive
Mr Majestic, inactive
NaCl, probably the only one that does things but again, takes a lot of time & effort, and cooperation
KathyThePurpleLlama, pretty sure is in there for the minecraft server
Secret Agent, inactive
Starscream1994, inactive

So, you have one person besides Staff+ in the development team, and even then I'm sure NaCl can agree that it's pretty tedious, takes a lot of time, and knowledge to setup a working server (not that he lacks knowledge)

Now in regards to asking Dyno or Doldol for help, very unlikely, it's pretty hard as a member to get a message to those two (no offense), Dyno (more often than not because he was the more go to for dev). But I don't blame them, Dyno got tired of consistently being asked about severs, and always having to end up doing it himself because of the lack of skill & knowledge to do so. This isn't a blow to anyone, but for the fact that no one has the incentive to go out of their way to do these things. This has been said plenty of times, even by Dyno, the "just ask" but it's not that easy.

"Some dev team you have going there." Pretty contentious comment.

Now regarding Staff, (this was when I was Staff, so it may be different now) the development team was at first not allowed to add anything to the servers without getting a confirmation from Dyno, and if you knew, it was always pretty difficult to get a response from Dyno even by me. Then from what I remember it was the same from when the development team was passed onto dj7joke but he soon when inactive as well. No one (on Staff) could give panel access, or knew how to, at the time either except for Dyno (and I believe Doldol). Fairly certain they can now, but now no one wants to join the development team neither are active.

From being Staff, it's MUCH harder to setup something that you have little to no knowledge about. No one on Staff except for Doldol (i would say Yiggles but he's more IT) has a discernible amount of knowledge of howtosetupaserver.jpg

tl;dr it takes motivation, time, cooperation, knowledge, and communication (oh, and members) to which we lack
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

Last edited by Needy on Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:55 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
Xanderian wrote:
BriBee wrote:
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Xanderian wrote:

He left the clan

minigames when

I think you might be putting a little too much blame on the wrong people. I myself have criticisms for the Dev Team as well but it’s just a little weird when I see multiple Dev Team people claiming they message Dyno for something and all get no response. Now it may just be them making things up but when there are a few people all saying the same thing it really makes you wonder. I’m sorry but from my understanding based off what was said at the meeting we pay Dyno to host out servers, but two of our biggest have had big issues for months with seemingly little fixing such as JB crashing and minigames being literally unplayable (anyone who says otherwise at this point is objectively wrong and probably doesn’t understand what fastdl is). Not to say this is all to be put on Dyno, like I said in a post last week or so it’s probably a mixture of disorganization, lazy people, and lack of communication between Dyno and the team. I’m not sure the extent of permissions the team members have, but there is more than likely stuff they aren’t able to do in one way or another. Doldol said he doesn’t want to do server stuff but he did do a few things for JB recently so I wouldn’t blame him.

There is some sort of laziness going on for sure, but I think blaming solely the Dev team is pretty naive. I don’t think the fastdl should be that hard to set up since we should already have one, I think it may be simple as connecting it to the server which like I said could need Dyno’s help depending on the perm situation.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next