Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Improvements in EgN
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:03 pm 
EgN Member
Jailbreak: Is there anything that needs improvement on? Rules, Server, Mods, Other? N/A
Other servers: Does TTT need improvement? N/A
Scoutknives? Mods such as rpg and else? N/A
A new server? Zombie mod, Surf, other? N/A
Is the vanilla server necessary? Or should it be changed to something else? N/A

Does anything else need to change inside of EgN? Hmm... improvements ? Well since the topic of discussion is being brought up I may as well throw this out here as I'm not here that much anyways but these improvements lie more around the fact on general stuff that could be improved in EGN to not only pull in a lot more people but to also help create great new opportunities that would benefit this community greatly for it's forsaken future. Let me just start by saying that for the duration of time that I've been here EGN has been a really warm welcoming community and I can see you guys put a lot of hard work and effort into keeping this community filled with fun and joy.

Alright with that said here's some improvements that I think you guys should take at least into consideration. Gaming threads need a lot more love and I know you guys are more centered and focus around PC gaming however half of the time the console threads feel dead and not giving enough effort and love. Sometimes I am confused on why they are even there if there not being hardly used at all as they just seem like dead threads that are pointless. I get that many people here love PC gaming and I also know there's a good of amount of console gamers on here but if your target audience for this community is to evolve around the whole purpose of gaming in general then you guys need to make more of an effort in trying to make those threads relevant to EGN otherwise they are just a waste of space. I mean I see posts on them from time to time but majority of the time they feel neglected.

Next improvement which goes also alongside the previous is involving consoles more with the community. Don't get me wrong I know a lot of the events and games are all done on Steam but with cross play now enabled across Playstation, Xbox and Nintendo this would be a great opportunity to have games in EGN that are compatible of cross play that would not only give people more involvement for those in here who may not have a PC but also an excellent opportunity for you guys to expand and pull more people in. As far as I know there's a good few people here that play games like Rainbow Six Siege and PUBG and I believe those are two good working titles that have cross play implemented. Again small thing but sometimes small things go a long way. Whilst on this point you guys could do with a varity of more games to populate the community with to provide more engagement. I mean yeah there is great stuff here with Counter Strike Source and PUGB and all but there's a good category of big games out there like those that may cater towards some people in here such as Overwatch and Rocket League. Again just small things.

Other than those I don't have anything else I like to add although one last improvement could be that you guys need to work on your advertisement and social media side of things. By this I don't mean the social media aspects inside EGN but rather the external side of social media and advertisement. I don't see much talk about this and I think it's something you guys are lacking in a lot. When starting any community up you should always know who your target audience are and how your going to put yourselves out there. I think this is a big improvement that is needed inside EGN as it make a great difference in you all reaching out to more people across a wider range. This could be done by a blog, Youtube cast hosts of what EGN is about and why you should join for those out there who have no clue what EGN is about. Doing broadcasts of events on Twitch or Mixer would be handy to as well as creating mini EGN community hubs on console platforms that link it with the main one on PC. Like I said reaching out to people in the right way with the right strategy goes a long way in bringing new people into your community. It's not a case of matter of what way you approach it it's about how you truly represent yourselves out there to the world.

Anyways I'm about to head out but that's pretty much some improvements that I think I could benefit EGN in a great way for it's future and some of these things do come of in honoring Spazz0's long list of improvements that he made a whilst back in EGN. Before I go just wanted to say love your avatar Sly. Massive Sly Cooper fan here as well. Take care guys

Social 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:19 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Wanty wrote:
Link wrote:
Wanty wrote:
Xanderian wrote:
I'm sorry if you think I'm being rude but this shit needs to be said. That server has been dead for far too long. It's actually starting to get depressing.

Side note, the server being dead is not on the development team but rather the community as a whole. We're, members, are given the responsibility to populate these servers.

The development team plays a small factor i.e if the server isn't working at all but even when the mini-games server was at it's best (server wise) we had no continuous population, and it's pretty under-debate to say otherwise.

Population doesn't come from the development team, it comes from the community.

Definitely agree with Needy here on this. Just would like to add that we need people who want to work on the servers. Kharn had a discussion about this at the meeting. Nothing imo will happen unless people try to step up and take the time to mess with servers to fix them.

I worked on the surf server back then so if nobody else wants to mess with mini games I’ll try messing with it here and there. Just need to get a bit more access to the server. Once I get my pc back I can do more again. I’ll talk to the other higher ups and check with them.

Most definitely, also I almost feel like managers had more success then the development team? But also, doesn't seem there has been much of a change between managers and dev team.

Wondering if we bring back mangers, and put one person in charge of a server it'd be more likely to get done. Not sure though.

To me the difference between having a manager for one server means they have more pressure on them to get it going. Imo with the Development Team there is less pressure when the whole group is told to step it up. Also not to mention that others are more interested in other servers or just want the perks of being in control of a server..

We have 13 members in the group and about half of them are staff+. The others I do not see anymore or hear about them working on a server. Only person thats not a staff+ and is just a member who i hear usually does stuff still. That would be Salt (NaCL). I believe its time we redo the Dev team or go back to managers at this rate. Will look further into this as well when I talk to the rest of the Staff+.

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:41 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
DazzlingDazzaD94 wrote:
Spoiler: Show
I definitely like the points brought up about the console threads. I know that Roaxes does a lot of console gaming on Nintendo systems, but how deep others are with console gaming in the community, that I'm not sure... but uh, to add to the whole console stuff, red dead redemption 2 anyone?

Also, if anyone finds a good cross platform game to play (hopefully one that is cross platform with pc too so i can join in), that would definitely be a neat idea for an event, if we can get enough people with whatever game it is on board.
Beep boop.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:35 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:3838129
Jailbreak: Is there anything that needs improvement on? Rules, Server, Mods, Other? JB needs to lighten its rules, literally cant have fun anymore. There are so many rules that make things I used to do back in the old days on JB impossible and it really ruins my memories I had because I cant do what I did. Server still crashes just as much, as it crashed like 3 times yesterday while I was playing and 2 times tonight
Other servers: Does TTT need improvement? Who plays EgN TTT?
Scoutknives? Mods such as rpg and else? To be 100% honest, Scoutknives can be fun, but it has no potential no matter what you think. the people who play scoutknives have so many choices for servers, why play on a server that is the same thing as everything else but strict rules?
A new server? Zombie mod, Surf, other? No, just no. Zombie mod will flop harder then you can believe Cough NaCl Cough :D. (I liked it but EgN is about JB not ZM/ZE). just make a surf rpg or just surf and do weekly events on it for the first 2 months to populate it, I'd play it.
Is the vanilla server necessary? Or should it be changed to something else? Yes, It really is. when everyone was on it for some reason and I got on, It really showed how fun EgN Vanilla can really be when everyone plays, The community just needs to create more events for servers like these to populate them. Servers don't populate themselves you know.
Does anything else need to change inside of EgN? YES!!! You need to do more events on servers like MG (when its fixed and ready to play, cause I'd play it 24/7) and on Vanilla or GunGame. You cant complain about servers being dead then do nothing about it in return. Events can really populate servers. MG was dead til I started getting others on it (With the help of EgN members who also liked it) Then the server broke, or was down and it permanently damaged the population. People in EgN don't simply join a server and play it by their selves, you have to do events to bring everyone together and show them how fun the server is when everyones on. btw, did I mention that jb literally still crashes just as much after the IP change (its better then before though, so that's good). But either way, good luck to the dev team and everyone working on the servers and shit, you just gotta make them playable and not boring and then help populate it.

*Delete RTD from MG once you get it fixed, Literally everyone who wants to keep it doesn't even play MG. why complain if you don't play. It really ruins the game for everyone, more people complain about it then they like it*

Everything I just said probably made me look like an idiot, its 1:30 AM stfu.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:12 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
DazzlingDazzaD94 wrote:
Alright with that said here's some improvements that I think you guys should take at least into consideration. Gaming threads need a lot more love and I know you guys are more centered and focus around PC gaming however half of the time the console threads feel dead and not giving enough effort and love. Sometimes I am confused on why they are even there if there not being hardly used at all as they just seem like dead threads that are pointless. I get that many people here love PC gaming and I also know there's a good of amount of console gamers on here but if your target audience for this community is to evolve around the whole purpose of gaming in general then you guys need to make more of an effort in trying to make those threads relevant to EGN otherwise they are just a waste of space. I mean I see posts on them from time to time but majority of the time they feel neglected.

To be honest, don't feel much of a need for them either unless we do cross over more towards console (successfully being that it'll take a lot work & time, and we have to have an active population there)

But yea, everytime I post information about a new playstation only game I normally put it in Technology & Games anyways, so we could just cut it down there.

That, or make a new section titled just "Console Gaming", and incorporate them together

DazzlingDazzaD94 wrote:
Next improvement which goes also alongside the previous is involving consoles more with the community. Don't get me wrong I know a lot of the events and games are all done on Steam but with cross play now enabled across Playstation, Xbox and Nintendo this would be a great opportunity to have games in EGN that are compatible of cross play that would not only give people more involvement for those in here who may not have a PC but also an excellent opportunity for you guys to expand and pull more people in. As far as I know there's a good few people here that play games like Rainbow Six Siege and PUBG and I believe those are two good working titles that have cross play implemented. Again small thing but sometimes small things go a long way. Whilst on this point you guys could do with a varity of more games to populate the community with to provide more engagement. I mean yeah there is great stuff here with Counter Strike Source and PUGB and all but there's a good category of big games out there like those that may cater towards some people in here such as Overwatch and Rocket League. Again just small things.

We've tried that plenty of times, I'm sure. It's the same reoccuring problem we have when populating a server. We need more motivation given from the community to not only expand to different games and/or gamemodes besides jailbreak, but expand through different consoles. It's just the matter of fact that everyone grew around jailbreak so that's what they like. Sometimes, more often than not, those who do join the clan are PC gamers and don't have a console to expand to (like you pretty much said). And from there, we get our players from jailbreak Counter Strike which majority of the time means they either don't have the greatest computer, or they just really like Counter Strike: Source.

But I think it'd be a grade A idea if we expanded to console gaming, but that again just requires a lot of time & effort given by the community which isn't at it's strongest suit.

Wouldn't be too bad if we had a few members try to "recruit" per se through other games, but also most of those people aren't really looking to join a gaming community. Most of the time they're just playing the game to play the game.

DazzlingDazzaD94 wrote:
Other than those I don't have anything else I like to add although one last improvement could be that you guys need to work on your advertisement and social media side of things. By this I don't mean the social media aspects inside EGN but rather the external side of social media and advertisement. I don't see much talk about this and I think it's something you guys are lacking in a lot. When starting any community up you should always know who your target audience are and how your going to put yourselves out there. I think this is a big improvement that is needed inside EGN as it make a great difference in you all reaching out to more people across a wider range. This could be done by a blog, Youtube cast hosts of what EGN is about and why you should join for those out there who have no clue what EGN is about. Doing broadcasts of events on Twitch or Mixer would be handy to as well as creating mini EGN community hubs on console platforms that link it with the main one on PC. Like I said reaching out to people in the right way with the right strategy goes a long way in bringing new people into your community. It's not a case of matter of what way you approach it it's about how you truly represent yourselves out there to the world.

I'm sure you could ask BriBee how difficult it is getting Social Media up & out there. Put a lot of effort to it. Especially given we're a gaming community, a bit more difficult to merge the two together unless done on Twitch which is as hard as it gets unless we do some sort of giveaways to attract attention. That said, we would have to brand our name everywhere to do so as well. But again, all of this can be done if we're given more commitement and incentive from the community, but I myself even would be unrealiable in that regards mainly because it does take a lot of time and effort to continue that approach but if there was cooperative work then I'd possibly jump in.

Anyways, all great ideas, just wanted to throw in some thought not to blow all your ideas to the ground. Definitely needs work!

Edit: noticed you mentioned console games that cross platforms, ain't too bad of an idea as long as you find the right game
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:21 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Toxicc wrote:
JB needs to lighten its rules, literally cant have fun anymore. There are so many rules that make things I used to do back in the old days on JB impossible and it really ruins my memories I had because I cant do what I did.

gunna have to elabortate on that because it's the same thing that's been said from the three years i've been here
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:59 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42551787
Jailbreak: Is there anything that needs improvement on? Rules, Server, Mods, Other? Staff should have along meeting on how to get more admins in the server and figure out a way to stop the server crashing, should be number 1 priority and staff+ should be the people starting to get in there more to create a chain reaction for the rest of the community follow them and get population up so EgN can stay alive.
Other servers: Does TTT need improvement? No, server is fun if the same effort went into all the servers, there will be less problems.
Scoutknives? Mods such as rpg and else?Add necessary EgN plugins (rank tag, spray mod, swap mod, etc.)
A new server? Zombie mod, Surf, other? Start to look for ways to enter into csgo....
Is the vanilla server necessary? Or should it be changed to something else? Change it to a comp server and add a comp plugin. css comp with ranking system will be pretty cool.
Does anything else need to change inside of EgN? Yeah most people want to come here to have fun and relax, so find a middle ground between being extremely strict to the rules and keeping members and regulars happy.
Vivre la vie!

ACT OF VALOR
In valor there is hope

Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength
- Eric Hoffer

We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like.

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:51 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:156459501
lol i created this game

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:58 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:421549297
Jailbreak: Is there anything that needs improvement on? Rules, Server, Mods, Other?N/A
Other servers: Does TTT need improvement?N/A
Scoutknives? Mods such as rpg and else?The admin tools need more options (swapping)
A new server? Zombie mod, Surf, other?N/A
Is the vanilla server necessary? Or should it be changed to something else? N/A
Does anything else need to change inside of EgN? [Minigames] Maybe do the weapon menu (Yesterday the players on the server did not get the weapons every round because they move out of the area to fast when they used RTD) Another thing to add is the ranks.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3