1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Where is the love?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:21 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:147071666
Imo if it's just one accidental freekill they shouldn't be switched. But if it's repeated single freekills then they should.

And (also imo) if an admin swaps a person off of CT then they shouldn't switch back without asking or until the map changes.

also J'Dawg said he didn't have admin so he would just tell people what they're doing wrong.

~ Tapatalk

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:37 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:50729460
Savage wrote:
As long as there is no mic spam, racism/sexism or singling out, I don't see a big problem... it's the internet...

Yea but like I said before who will want to come back and join the EgN community if they were met with people being dicks :/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:42 pm 
Good look finding people who aren't dicks on the internet...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:58 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:147071666
Why does it being the internet excuse people for being dicks? Why is the internet special in that we can act however we want?

Many things people say on the internet would get them into so much shit irl. But it's fine to say just because people are on the internet?

~ Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:06 pm 
EgN Member
Caboose wrote:
Why does it being the internet excuse people for being dicks? Why is the internet special in that we can act however we want?

Many things people say on the internet would get them into so much shit irl. But it's fine to say just because people are on the internet?

~ Tapatalk

That.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:06 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19242639
Casual-T wrote:
I hope by "enforce the rules" you don't mean every time someone steps out of line you punish them o-o
'oops, I freekilled a person'
*gets slain instantly, then moved to T; moves back 10 minutes later, then gets CT banned for moving back*

o-o that kinda scenario.

Back on topic, I hope I'm not one of those assholes ._.

I'm honestly offended you would suggest that

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:21 pm 
Caboose wrote:

~ Tapatalk

We are all strangers to one another on the internet. Many people have issues at home, maybe family, maybe school, maybe substance related, who knows. The internet is an anonymous way to take it out, and that's why so many people do.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:31 pm 
EgN Member
Zero wrote:
Caboose wrote:

~ Tapatalk

We are all strangers to one another on the internet. Many people have issues at home, maybe family, maybe school, maybe substance related, who knows. The internet is an anonymous way to take it out, and that's why so many people do.

I dont understand how that is an excuse to be a douche on our servers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:45 pm 
Plebs wrote:
Zero wrote:
Caboose wrote:

~ Tapatalk

I dont understand how that is an excuse to be a douche on our servers.

Never said it was. It is an excuse to be a douche on the internet, not on our servers. We are a family in a way, and being a dick to one another isn't the way we should go. Now, if you're on 4chan where everything's anonymous, go ahead. But we somewhat know each other, so I am one hundred percent agreeing with you. We shouldn't be dicks on our servers to each other, let alone anyone else.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:43 am 
EgN Member
J-Dawg wrote:
Casual-T wrote:
I hope by "enforce the rules" you don't mean every time someone steps out of line you punish them o-o
'oops, I freekilled a person'
*gets slain instantly, then moved to T; moves back 10 minutes later, then gets CT banned for moving back*

o-o that kinda scenario.

Back on topic, I hope I'm not one of those assholes ._.

I'm honestly offended you would suggest that

I apologize, I meant it more as a joke, and not to slander you. But it does happen quite often and those who do it simply say "I'm enforcing the rules." I've only seen it once or twice on EgN Jailbreak but other servers it happens constantly, that is why I figured someone here would have a nice laugh.
--
Regarding the whole internet thing: It's easier to dick-along on the internet because the only thing singling you out from everyone else is an IP; you can steal accounts, mask your IP, and hell if you did something bad enough you could change aliases on whatever you're doing or disappear entirely. In real life, no. You'd be punished one way or another. Some people also get sort of a rush when they 'troll' people online - they're what I like to refer to as smelly assholes. But then it's also like Zero said: some people have real-life issues and the only alternative to something like punching a bag (which would take more physical effort and return little reaction) is to pick on others online, where not only will they not be harmed physically (unless they're dumb enough to mess with the purpose next door) but the chance of being hacked is surprisingly slim (depending on where they're releasing their stress, of course).
Existentialist coming through.

"Forty-six and two are just ahead of me." - Tool

Know thyself.
Spoiler: Show

One of the best games I've played is Teeworlds.

Mootinie « Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:00 pm » I could be much more perverted if you want...
Casual-T « Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:59 am » <3
Casual-T « Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:59 am » ohdayummm. That's just sick and you're perverted, Mootoot.
Mootinie « Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:58 am » My thumb.
Casual-T « Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:49 am » you want me to suck your what?

New Topic Post Reply  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next