Login 

New Topic Locked  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Leadership Change
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:11 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
This place was driven into the ground, and I haven't done much to change that. Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I've made it worse. The past few months, I've been very inactive and have not done much to fix the problems, many of which are incredibly troublesome and have proved difficult to fix. To be frank, it's not that I haven't had the time or lacked the motivation, but rather that certain events in my personal life over the past few months have changed my life drastically. I've been set on a new path focused on my future, a future of financial success and greatness. That being said, EgN causes me very much to be double minded, and to be frank, it has become a distraction. It drives my time into this community, which I love doing, but at the end of the day it will never advance me financially. While it's easy to to say I could come up with time to pursue both, I've learned the importance of focus, and I can't do that with my mind being pulled in more than one direction.

EgN needs a strong will and hard work to recover it, which I know is possible. I'm passing the community on to Doldol, which took some thought that I'll hopefully explain below. I understand Doldol isn't a perfect guy, he can have some people problems, rub people the wrong way, and if you argue it the right way, you could say he didn't lead the community on the right path when he was leader before. Many don't like his personality. At the end of the day, Doldol is the best candidate and here's why. He is incredibly talented in technical skill, which is very much what we need right now, and it being his community under his ownership, he'll have all the tools and resources available at his disposal to fix what needs fixing, create new plugins, and develop whatever this community needs successfully. At the end of the day, he has the experience. He has leadership experience running a community, particularly this one, and he's been by my side while I was leader. He knows what this community needs and this has allowed him to create a grand vision for where he wants the community to go. He has plans and areas he wants to focus, things he knows will benefit the community. He's shared much of this vision with me, and I'm pleased with where he wants this community to go. He's got a lot of time he can drive into this community, with a lot of will. He's held this community together behind the scenes more than you could ever know, so I know he's got the buy-in. And lastly, this is the greatest opportunity for Doldol. He's got a recovering community now in his hands and an awesome leadership team. The staff he's working with and his amazing Co-Leader Tricky will lead this community to where it needs to go.

I am very thankful for this community and the service it has provided me. I am grateful and appreciative of the opportunity to take the shot at leadership. It is unfortunate this day has come, and a frankly a coincidence that what has happened to me has happened that has caused me to make this decision. I care a ton for the community and have been covered with guilt when I'm not here, because I know it needs me to be. I never thought I'd leave this place behind, but I know this is what is needed for me and the community both.

I'm not going to write some list thanking a bunch of people, probably because there's too many to name. This is my 6th year since I first came to EgN, and I've made too many memories and made too many friends. I'm thankful for it all, and never wanted anything more than to create that environment for everyone else. Thank you everyone, and hopefully I'll see you around.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

Social 
New Topic Locked  [ 1 post ]