1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 40k Server Discontinued
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:37 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Due to Nickolas Magnus and Dave leaving the community, the 40k server will no longer be published. If you are interested in taking over this project, contact a Staff+ and we will point you in the right direction to obtain access. More information will be brought up at the meeting if need be.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:54 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:111564882
my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:23 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19547824
*triggered doldol, no picture no more
Since I wanted to stick to the theme of "Tom & jerry".
"Well before your time sport."
"Addoroth will rise again!"
Image Image

Last edited by Nickolas Magnus on Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:02 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Mr.GoldGames posted an announcement in name of EgN, so singling him out doesn't make sense.

And wtf does that picture even imply Nick? Just whatever anyone wants it too? What can something vague like that even properly communicate?
Nice troll memes, lol. I don't understand the need to be Keemstar in here out of all places though.
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:08 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24921937
Shame. Was looking forward. Disappointed in Nick and Dave.

Will there be full disclosure of why this happened? TBH both of their LOAs seemed vague.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:21 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Adding a reminder that this post was in no way calling out Nick or Dave for leaving the community. They made a decision that was best for them, and with that there was no one to work on the server. As I said before, a statement will be made at the meeting depending on the importance.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:27 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
AJtheGreyBeard025 wrote:

Will there be full disclosure of why this happened? TBH both of their LOAs seemed vague.

I'll be happy to inform you as to why we shut down the project on the EgN front.

Send me a DM via discord: Kheres Sigma#4928
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:38 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
Nickolas Magnus wrote:
AJtheGreyBeard025 wrote:

I'll be happy to inform you as to why we shut down the project on the EgN front.

Why not just post the reasons we talked about?

Notes I took from why Nick said the server wouldn't continue under EgN. I don't know specifics or technical details. This was/is from Nick's point-of-view.
Remember there's more than 1 side. I just don't have position to respond on them.

1. Concerned that Matt wanted revenue from server, and this server will not generate much
2. Demands too much resources and says we could not give him the resources needed. Says they did not want to ask for more resources because it would've been selfish to ask for so much for a startup server vs the rest of our servers
3. Says UTF-8 is bad and the server needed UTF-16. Claims this prevented players from connecting. Claims plugins were broken from not having proper encoding. Says Doldol did not tell him how to fix it, said Doldol only told them "they're just wrong"
4. Says totally empty and idle server ate over 50% of allocated resources currently
5. Battling to try and get population against the current top server would be near impossible on EgN.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:41 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Nickolas Magnus wrote:
AJtheGreyBeard025 wrote:

Notes I took from why Nick said the server wouldn't continue under EgN. I don't know specifics or technical details. This was/is from Nick's point-of-view.
Remember there's more than 1 side. I just don't have position to respond on them.

1. Concerned that Matt wanted revenue from server, and this server will not generate much
2. Demands too much resources and says we could not give him the resources needed. Says they did not want to ask for more resources because it would've been selfish to ask for so much for a startup server vs the rest of our servers
3. Says UTF-8 is bad and the server needed UTF-16. Claims this prevented players from connecting. Claims plugins were broken from not having proper encoding. Says Doldol did not tell him how to fix it, said Doldol only told them "they're just wrong"
4. Says totally empty and idle server ate over 50% of allocated resources currently
5. Battling to try and get population against the current top server would be near impossible on EgN.

Forgot you had the spark notes
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:01 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:111564882
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Nickolas Magnus wrote:
AJtheGreyBeard025 wrote:

you forgot the small footnote that people that would come for the 40k server would be put off of joining EgN because y'alls are unique in a way that most of them probably wouldn't like.
but apart from that, you basically covered anything.

as it currently stands, EgN did not want or could not provide us with what we needed for this server. negotiating for it was also difficult, and it felt as if we were being dismissed whenever we brought something up.
whether it be immediately or within the next few minutes.
i am not being hostile when i say that, i am just pointing out what happened.

which is why i am indeed surprised that you're still trying, if you didn't have the bare minimum resources for us when we were trying to work with what we were given.
i'm not saying we were being held out on, i'm just saying it's really damn weird.
my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

New Topic Post Reply  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next