Previous << 
1, 2, 3
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:16 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:111564882
Doldol wrote:
manually activate wrote:
as well as at the community meeting, where doldol blew nick off before you were able to say a word. since you didn't butt in, nick took it as you either didn't want to hear or didn't care.

Factual correction: Nick asked for "more CPU", Matt told him that he could have 100% of a core instead of 50% which was clarified the current limit was.
At that point Nick essentially restated his original question, at which point I interjected and explained that you simply can't get more than 100% of one powerful CPU core for a GMOD server due to engine limitations, and then Nick accuses me of "negative vibes", like wtf? You want to be taken seriously after that?

And sure I was irritated because if he would have looked into this for a bit he would have known this. But no, and when explained he chooses to not even engage with logical argumentation about soft/hardware 2x and just restates his question and appeals to some aethereal vibes.

So Nick definitely said more than a word and I definitely didn't blow Nick off, I precisely explained how his assumptions were wrong, if anyone did blow someone off it was Nick to both Matt and me.
If correcting someone is blowing someone off in your world then you don't at all care what's factual and I just cannot engage with you.

I'm sorry I wasn't super nice, but it's very annoying if all you hear is "you're wrong because I feel like you are".

we literally couldn't work with the box we had.
the fact that you have been so quick to being dismissive and irritated is incredibly telling.
considering matt had a talk with us last night, and he was there for the meeting, he made no mention of anything like this that you've said.
nor did nick.

regardless, it's basically over and done now. we moved the project away from EgN for various very valid reasons, matt understood them and was completely okay with it as of last night's discussion.
the major player at fault here was miscommunication and a massive game of telephone that just didn't need to happen.
hindsight is 20/20 but common sense is forever.

maybe we can all take a lesson from this and try to work on communication.
or talking shit.
my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:44 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24921937
Going to have to agree, miscommunication is a savage and brutal mistress. Wish this had worked out as it would’ve brought something new and other players to the community. I’m a huge 40k fan. Dark Angels Space Marines!!!!

Remember to venerate the immortal god emperor of mankind.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:07 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
manually activate wrote:
Doldol wrote:
manually activate wrote:
as well as at the community meeting, where doldol blew nick off before you were able to say a word. since you didn't butt in, nick took it as you either didn't want to hear or didn't care.

Factual correction: Nick asked for "more CPU", Matt told him that he could have 100% of a core instead of 50% which was clarified the current limit was.
At that point Nick essentially restated his original question, at which point I interjected and explained that you simply can't get more than 100% of one powerful CPU core for a GMOD server due to engine limitations, and then Nick accuses me of "negative vibes", like wtf? You want to be taken seriously after that?

And sure I was irritated because if he would have looked into this for a bit he would have known this. But no, and when explained he chooses to not even engage with logical argumentation about soft/hardware 2x and just restates his question and appeals to some aethereal vibes.

So Nick definitely said more than a word and I definitely didn't blow Nick off, I precisely explained how his assumptions were wrong, if anyone did blow someone off it was Nick to both Matt and me.
If correcting someone is blowing someone off in your world then you don't at all care what's factual and I just cannot engage with you.

I'm sorry I wasn't super nice, but it's very annoying if all you hear is "you're wrong because I feel like you are".

we literally couldn't work with the box we had.
the fact that you have been so quick to being dismissive and irritated is incredibly telling.
considering matt had a talk with us last night, and he was there for the meeting, he made no mention of anything like this that you've said.
nor did nick.

regardless, it's basically over and done now. we moved the project away from EgN for various very valid reasons, matt understood them and was completely okay with it as of last night's discussion.
the major player at fault here was miscommunication and a massive game of telephone that just didn't need to happen.
hindsight is 20/20 but common sense is forever.

maybe we can all take a lesson from this and try to work on communication.
or talking shit.

blablablabla

It's not because Matt can put up with this that I can.

Any questions I heard were directly addresses, then I heard you guys said something about not enough RAM while you had 4GB reserved btw (with a possible increase to 8GB) while your server's programs was consuming just shy of 200MiB. I also heard something about UTF-16 encoding? Which has absolutely nothing todo with how your server is hosted, the error message I saw about this just indicates you mis-configured your database connection.

Also I heard that Nick said by his own admission that he's totally new at this? Wouldn't it be logical to listen to someone who isn't and try to work from there?
Everyone is obviously free to leave EgN at any time, but this way, spreading things that aren't true and/or mis-portrayed at every step is incredibly toxic.
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:31 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:111564882
Doldol wrote:
blablablabla

Doldol wrote:
You want to be taken seriously after that?

Nick had been told all of this by our Dev and his code proof-reader[Who's been coding for gmod for almost 10 years - nutscript and other schemas included]. Just because he is new doesn't mean you should be as dismissive as you were. In fact, that'd warrant an explanation more than anything else.
The UTF-16 is a basic fix to every source server imaginable, as can be seen from a normal google search, or a venture into the steam help threads.
I'm so glad you told us what was causing our problem, and not just say 'you're wrong', then drop it.
oh wait.

But at this point this conversation does nothing except have you whine at me about a conversation I wasn't there for, about people that have already settled things with ya boy Matt.
We're not coming back, if people want to support it still they can add Nick on discord.
We're even still open to partnering with EgN as we don't hate you guys, and just disliked this incredibly retarded game of who said what.
We do want to support you guys to an extent, just a matter of you guys giving the greenlight.
my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

New Topic Post Reply  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3