Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
Link wrote:
Cooper wrote:
Needy wrote:
mattlikespie wrote:
Needy wrote:
Oh wait, so we can no longer nominate in whole?

No, because we want Representative who actually want to be a Representative

For sure, makes sense, though feel like there will be those who are "too afraid", per se, to elect themselves, don't wanna nominate themselves, or are simply unaware, but could be potential / really good candidates.

This and the fact it can feel / come off as arrogant and promotion hungry nominating yourself. It also feels weird just because normally talking about getting promoted or asking for a promotion is kind of taboo and generally frowned upon.

This part may be an unpopular opinion but I also have distaste towards not being able to vote no on someone (from my understanding). It kind of ruins the concept just because it will quickly turn into who has the most friends who can vote for them instead of how the community genuinely feels about the person. Even though allowing people to vote no would still be a popularity contest of some sort I think it would be nice to see how the community as a whole actually feels about someone rather than just certain people. This also brings up the issue of the “silent majority” who may not see the person fit but don’t/can’t say anything.

None of this is technically considered a promotion if you think about it. A person becoming a representative is more considered like a job. You will be making a commitment to help out with the community if you wish to go for this rank. Its not like going from member to legend where you get more perks added to your admin. You still will have the same level of admin as an elder basically.

Also if someone is too scared to throw their name out there to be a rep then how are they gonna be able to deal with people in general when they have an issue? Again this is not necessarily a promotion, but more responsibility being given to that person.

So you are sayig the rank is changing then? Cause before Representatives were higher than Elders in terms of admining before.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:08 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Cooper wrote:
Link wrote:
Cooper wrote:
Needy wrote:
mattlikespie wrote:
Needy wrote:

For sure, makes sense, though feel like there will be those who are "too afraid", per se, to elect themselves, don't wanna nominate themselves, or are simply unaware, but could be potential / really good candidates.

This and the fact it can feel / come off as arrogant and promotion hungry nominating yourself. It also feels weird just because normally talking about getting promoted or asking for a promotion is kind of taboo and generally frowned upon.

This part may be an unpopular opinion but I also have distaste towards not being able to vote no on someone (from my understanding). It kind of ruins the concept just because it will quickly turn into who has the most friends who can vote for them instead of how the community genuinely feels about the person. Even though allowing people to vote no would still be a popularity contest of some sort I think it would be nice to see how the community as a whole actually feels about someone rather than just certain people. This also brings up the issue of the “silent majority” who may not see the person fit but don’t/can’t say anything.

None of this is technically considered a promotion if you think about it. A person becoming a representative is more considered like a job. You will be making a commitment to help out with the community if you wish to go for this rank. Its not like going from member to legend where you get more perks added to your admin. You still will have the same level of admin as an elder basically.

Also if someone is too scared to throw their name out there to be a rep then how are they gonna be able to deal with people in general when they have an issue? Again this is not necessarily a promotion, but more responsibility being given to that person.

So you are sayig the rank is changing then? Cause before Representatives were higher than Elders in terms of admining before.

clanfaq.php#faq_16

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:13 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Central wrote:
Cooper wrote:
Link wrote:
Cooper wrote:
Needy wrote:
mattlikespie wrote:
Needy wrote:

clanfaq.php#faq_16

That says nothing from what I can see, and at the meeting where it was introduced originally it was made very clear they were above elders and right below staff.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:14 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
They are elder ranked admins. Meaning same level considering admin things but higher on forums
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:21 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Terminator wrote:
They are elder ranked admins. Meaning same level considering admin things but higher on forums

My point is that it originally wasn’t said to be like this and representatives have been overruling elders this whole time on the server and at the first meeting people were even told they could go to representatives for clarifications like staff. My question was is this changing because the post doesn’t clearly say. I’m sorry but we already established this.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:27 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
Cooper wrote:
Terminator wrote:

My point is that it originally wasn’t said to be like this and representatives have been overruling elders this whole time on the server and at the first meeting people were even told they could go to representatives for clarifications like staff. My question was is this changing because the post doesn’t clearly say. I’m sorry but we already established this.

It wasn't clarified this at the meeting it was announced in. It was announced that they were Elder-ranked admins in which if Elder admins weren't online at the time, they were the highest ranking admin.
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

Spoiler: Show

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:31 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49794826
This has been updated btw.
We will only elect two representatives a month.
Out of those who have put themselves up for nomination you may vote for two upon election day.

EgN| Vertical_360: What's a grown up? I bet its gross.
Simmons: The best jail bait there is. Get used to it :P
Jeremy 10:31 pm when you find a woman willing to walk into hell for you....you found *Her*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:43 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
quick question: what if 3 or 4 people have the same amount of votes (wether it would be below 3 or over 3)
would that be revoting or will u just pick people?
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:53 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49794826
Terminator wrote:
quick question: what if 3 or 4 people have the same amount of votes (wether it would be below 3 or over 3)
would that be revoting or will u just pick people?

I can't say for sure but at that point I'd assume it would be up to Matt. Whether it be him deciding or creating something that makes it so the reps get chosen in the end. I'll get back to you on that!

EgN| Vertical_360: What's a grown up? I bet its gross.
Simmons: The best jail bait there is. Get used to it :P
Jeremy 10:31 pm when you find a woman willing to walk into hell for you....you found *Her*

New Topic Post Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2