Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Previous topic | Next topic 

Options
Poll ended at Fri May 25, 2018 4:10 pm
Keep RTD how it is currently 36%  36%  [ 17 ]
Remove weapons / guns from RTD (full gear may not be included) new features would be included to replace the weapon rolls 55%  55%  [ 26 ]
Add a new RTD mod with new features (with guns / weapons) 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 47
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:06 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Link wrote:
When keep rtd was winning then you reset the polls..

It was only winning because the vote was split between remove rtd, change rtd, and change rtd. Kind of obvious tho so i dont know why think the majority wanted keep it as is.

Social 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:52 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Link wrote:

Actually it wasn't winning, we were five votes ahead. Just trying to add another option because you made a good point :P

This just puts the two options to remove guns together so it's less chaotic too
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:58 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Link wrote:

It was only winning because the vote was split between remove rtd, change rtd, and change rtd. Kind of obvious tho so i dont know why think the majority wanted keep it as is.

There should be two options then. Not 3 where it splits the voting system up. I see the mistake as option 2 as a separate option compared to 1 and 3 are the same dividing up the votes between the two.

Long story short I’m gonna keep arguing on this one because it’s one of the few changes I’m against. Besides Needy making good points, nobody else has yet convinced me to let it be.

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:15 am 
Community Member
Legend
dj7joke wrote:
Spoiler: Show

I'll have to say that your point is not really proven no more. GameTracker happens to be quiet unreliable when it comes to player count graphs. As you can see from the scans below....

First scan:

Second scan:

Third scan:

Therefore the source we have used for our information is... mediocre at best. As such, it can be established that the average player count is ways off the actual average amount of players.

Wouldn't say it's unreliable, maybe not fully up to date or precise with it's play base but you can see it still tracks the amount of players that went on, there could have been a possibility that those three players dipped from the server before the scan could complete which would make more sense being that the historical data goes up to fifteen. Even if it may be one or two players off it still gives a general basis of how the server is doing which think we can all agree that minigames has a low activity rate. Besides, don't want to focus too much on the population as it's less about the population, more about, this one change.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:24 am 
Community Member
Legend
Link wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Link wrote:

There should be two options then. Not 3 where it splits the voting system up. I see the mistake as option 2 as a separate option compared to 1 and 3 are the same dividing up the votes between the two.

Well, the two options I had before were both very similar but they had a change in whether they were or weren't to be enabled on certain maps. Whereas these three options all actually have a completely different end; keep it how it is, new mod without guns, or new mod with guns. What it seems to come down to. But don't take it as a complete "new mod" more think of it as "improve / add new features to this mod while keeping guns" or "improve / add new features to this mod without guns". Besides, members are allowed to re vote so if someone can convince five members otherwise then it'd probably fall under the first option but pls dont.

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:46 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Link wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Link wrote:

Long story short I’m gonna keep arguing on this one because it’s one of the few changes I’m against. Besides Needy making good points, nobody else has yet convinced me to let it be.

There are only 2 ppl who voted for the third option so i dont see how that splits the vote in any meaningful way(assume they voted keep it and still nothing would change). You can keep arguing the point but i think all the points have been made and now its just people choosing what option they think is best. By all means tho if you think what u just wrote will convence anyone to change their mind then more power to you pal.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:00 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Link wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Link wrote:

There are only 2 ppl who voted for the third option so i dont see how that splits the vote in any meaningful way(assume they voted keep it and still nothing would change). You can keep arguing the point but i think all the points have been made and now its just people choosing what option they think is best. By all means tho if you think what u just wrote will convence anyone to change their mind then more power to you pal.

I think people are just interested in seeing what new "features" would be implemented in place of removing guns
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:33 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
Thank you Needy for moving this to let me post. <3 Though I really should just rejoin at this point...

Anyway...

Server population is a moot point. You guys can rattle off different reasons the population is down until the cows come home, the real reason the server is quiet is because it became EgN's secondary server when Jail Break was re-introduced. Lots of EgN members who were regulars on MG switched to JB (myself included) and/or moved on to different games like Garry's Mod and CS:GO so we lost the player base that used to fill that server. LunaNoshi, RunsWithWolves and Zerka are three I can name off the top of my head that I recall being MG regulars that never really got behind Jail Break and even though many server managers have tried it's always going to be an uphill battle getting Mini Games back to its glory days. The best thing you can do is to create a server that is fun for everybody within EgN to play and try to get a group together every so often that will jump on there.

This also isn't about unfair advantages. The idea of the plugin is that sometimes you get something awesome, sometimes you get crippled, that's why rolling the dice is a gamble and you can of course play the server and not even use the plugin if you wish. It's far more about how players use !rtd and make the game less enjoyable for others. Examples listed in the spoiler below:

The suggestion that you can always administrate the server to stop such abuse is a valid one. But you'll always be taking action after the fact. Fun is the name of the game here. My suggestion would be to remove the guns and replace these options with more alternatives like lowered and raised gravity, health increases and decreases, keep froggy legs and rabbit legs but maybe see if we can bring some version of the Jetpack back? Maybe decreased visibility, maybe the server slaps you every five seconds in some kind of strange demon possession? :D Maybe your screen gets flipped upside down? Maybe you get given a load of HE Grenades like you're a modern day bomberman? Maybe you can be given another life, like if you die you respawn with one health or something? I don't know how many of these are valid additions but !rtd has merit to the server if it's handled correctly so I voted for the second option. :)

New Topic Post Reply  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6