New Topic Post Reply  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 

Options
Poll ended at Fri May 25, 2018 4:10 pm
Keep RTD how it is currently 36%  36%  [ 17 ]
Remove weapons / guns from RTD (full gear may not be included) new features would be included to replace the weapon rolls 55%  55%  [ 26 ]
Add a new RTD mod with new features (with guns / weapons) 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 47
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:01 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
shorefly wrote:
Okay so my idea is that we revamp RTD entirely. Swap out everything for random abilities/enhancements like you would see on a Warcraft server on css. Warcraft servers give the players the ability to choose and level up different races with their own unique abilities. i.e. low gravity, long jump, 10-100% inivisibilty, teleportation where you point, you get the gist. I think it would be a fun alternative to what our current system is(even though i do thoroughly enjoy it). I wouldn't mind helping with some ideas!

Can fully agree, new maps, new mod. Just without weapons / guns (grenades not included). :P
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:27 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Though, I do wanna ask so it's considered more fair to everyone who votes to reset the poll. It has only been two days anyways so won't be too much trouble.

Keep RTD how it is currently
Remove weapons / guns from RTD (full gear may not be included)
Add a new RTD mod (includes guns / weapons)

Basically would remove weapons / guns from RTD though will include a new mod with new probabilities (some of which will be the same from the current RTD mod though whereas the rest would be would more than likely be replace the weapon rolls)

Add a new RTD mod would include guns / weapons but again, with a new mod which will enable newer probabilities that may include jet pack, other shit that members would want added.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:32 pm 
Community Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:44657538
Spoiler: Show

Easy there mate, if you don't see me on the server it does not mean I do not play on it. You completely ignored the factor of timezones. I'd like to point out I live nowhere near the US, and despite that fact I have played with the American members of the clan on their timezone. So, thank you Uchies and Link for pointing that out, really appreciate it. Additionally I showed you statistics, so how can you say the server is dead 90% of the time? It would really be dead about 30% of the time, through different intervals throughout the day. Overall it is really active.

RTD shouldn't be at the top of the list of improvements for the minigames server if anything.

You said it yourself, the RTD plugin as removed and readded, yet there was no change in activity, meaning if it is altered there is NO GUARANTEE that the server population would increase. There fore, the RTD plugin shouldn't be the top priority for improvements to be conducted on the minigames server. If anything the lack of new and fun maps, and the removal of dead ones should be of the highest priority. People COMPLAIN all the time about many things in life, yet what makes YOU SURE that they will start playing after the RTD plugin is altered?

Now, if the RTD plugin is not the reason the server population is dead... Why are you people going after it?! Should you really be focusing on getting your personal preference into the equation before even trying to find the reason the server is and fixing it? All I see is people's personal preference instead of a scientific choice.

Easy fix. Have a plugin with pre-defined areas as spawn points on the respective maps. If anyone shoots someone they get slayed and the other person is respawned if they are killed, or if injured their health is reset to what it was. It will obviously require linking to the RTD plugin, but that would seem to fix your issue here.

"If it ain't broken, don't fix it" -Bert Lance
RTD Plugin is not broken, people just don't like it. Do you have a scientific study that says changing it will be for the greater good? There are other things in minigames that are broken, and can be changed for the better.

Counter-Strike: Source is a dying game, obviously the server population would die eventually, hell the average number of players on our jailbreak is now 15 players. Back in the day 78% of the time the server would be full, and even past that it would be 90% of the time. You can't expect the server to have an unchanging population. It is like the supply and demand system. Eventually things will not be demanded, therefore they are not supplied. This is a very good representation of that.

MeMeZ

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:03 pm 
Community Member
Legend
dj7joke wrote:
Needy wrote:

RTD shouldn't be at the top of the list of improvements for the minigames server if anything.

Sure, nothing is at the top other than populating the server. This is just a minor issue that could resolve a bit of it, so would adding new maps, changing the air acceleration, so on.

Again this isn't the matter of what is at top or not of needed improvements. This is just a minor one that could easily be resolved in the click of a button.

dj7joke wrote:

You said it yourself, the RTD plugin as removed and readded, yet there was no change in activity, meaning if it is altered there is NO GUARANTEE that the server population would increase. There fore, the RTD plugin shouldn't be the top priority for improvements to be conducted on the minigames server. If anything the lack of new and fun maps, and the removal of dead ones should be of the highest priority. People COMPLAIN all the time about many things in life, yet what makes YOU SURE that they will start playing after the RTD plugin is altered?

Now, if the RTD plugin is not the reason the server population is dead... Why are you people going after it?! Should you really be focusing on getting your personal preference into the equation before even trying to find the reason the server is and fixing it? All I see is people's personal preference instead of a scientific choice.

lol actually yea, figured someone was going to refrence / quote that. Was going to edit it but figured not. Anyways, was in reference to the server population which hasn't changed quite a bit since removing / re adding RTD which is true, it hasn't. The server is still sitting at an average of 3 players per day which is why I had said that saying the mod would kill the server population was a poor argument neither is it any true. But we have always had an issue with weapons / guns being added to the roll which has never been resolved. Not saying that with it added it's going to kill the server, similar to jailbreak. There are certain additions that players don't like but it won't kill the server. It's the matter of finding a medium. There are clearly plenty of members who feel weapons should be removed from the RTD list none of which benefits the server by keeping it or harms it by removing it. So, why not remove it?

dj7joke wrote:

Easy fix. Have a plugin with pre-defined areas as spawn points on the respective maps. If anyone shoots someone they get slayed and the other person is respawned if they are killed, or if injured their health is reset to what it was. It will obviously require linking to the RTD plugin, but that would seem to fix your issue here.

Why add needless plug-ins when you can resolve this easily by removing one simple roll?

dj7joke wrote:
"If it ain't broken, don't fix it" -Bert Lance
RTD Plugin is not broken, people just don't like it. Do you have a scientific study that says changing it will be for the greater good? There are other things in minigames that are broken, and can be changed for the better.

This isn't rocket science, this is a gaming community. We don't need any scientific study, going to repeat myself but there are plenty of members who feel that weapons, guns more preferably, should be removed.

> remove weapons / guns, will make that part of the community much happier
> keep guns, will probably make that part of the community less happier with it's decision and/or won't care
> removing weapons / guns from roll which will not affect anyone except those who wishfully hope they roll for a gun & can do what? Shoot the other team in order for their team to win with no skill but the luck of a roll.
> will that make them unhappy? If so, they should just go to a death match server.

dj7joke wrote:

Counter-Strike: Source is a dying game, obviously the server population would die eventually, hell the average number of players on our jailbreak is now 15 players. Back in the day 78% of the time the server would be full, and even past that it would be 90% of the time. You can't expect the server to have an unchanging population. It is like the supply and demand system. Eventually things will not be demanded, therefore they are not supplied. This is a very good representation of that.

Once again, this isn't about populating the server. Sure, it can help a bit along with all the other possible improvements that could be made, but this is again, a reoccurring issue that has never been resolved.

What's the issue with removing weapons from your roll?

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:57 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Bump

Vote again please, only been a day (poll will end next meeting), so won't affect too much of the voting!

Also, please take into consideration of what members have wrote on the thread rather than solely voting for what YOU want

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:28 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382
If you’re really trying to get rid of rolls that are unfair, you’d have to get rid of RTD altogether, cause every roll gives and advantage/disadvantage. Ex: Gravity, Undercover, and Speed. I mean the whole point of RTD is to try to get lucky. Getting rid of the lucky parts would damage the whole point of the add on, and people could get mad that they’re not getting the rolls they want.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:51 am 
Community Member
Legend
North wrote:
If you’re really trying to get rid of rolls that are unfair, you’d have to get rid of RTD altogether, cause every roll gives and advantage/disadvantage. Ex: Gravity, Undercover, and Speed. I mean the whole point of RTD is to try to get lucky. Getting rid of the lucky parts would damage the whole point of the add on, and people could get mad that they’re not getting the rolls they want.

There is a difference is say getting speed to use to your advantage in say a map that requires you to get to from one end to the other in order for your team to win compared to someone rolling to get a mac 10 and shooting you before you can even make it to the end. Majority of these game modes on minigames don't require / aren't suppose to have weapons but when a roll dictates who wins the round without even completing THAT game is not the purpose of RTD.

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:00 am 
Community Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:44657538

I'll have to say that your point is not really proven no more. GameTracker happens to be quiet unreliable when it comes to player count graphs. As you can see from the scans below....

First scan:

Second scan:

Third scan:

Therefore the source we have used for our information is... mediocre at best. As such, it can be established that the average player count is ways off the actual average amount of players.

MeMeZ

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:05 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
I cant wait for rtd to not be gay anymore ^.^

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:35 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
When keep rtd was winning then you reset the polls..

Ignorance is bliss

New Topic Post Reply  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next