Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:37 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:89634947
I legit thought this was an April Fool's prank... And I still have reason to believe it is. But uh... Sure

^Signature courtesy of ArturoLevi^

^Signature courtesy of Phillip^

EgN Goals:
Spoiler: Show

Social 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:44 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
It is not an April fool's prank, the meeting wasn't on April Fools so that's invalid :)
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:24 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
KRYPTiC wrote:
Honestly, I just feel that member is almost pointless. I mean all you gotta do to get promoted is wear tags. Elite won't feel as much as an accomplishment as before. Like this, I'm sure there will be very few members. It's pretty much an upgraded rank of retired. I feel that the only new rank that makes sense is Legend. I think elder is just an unnecessary rank.

I agree with this for the most part. Having a specific, tangible requirement that anyone could accomplish to get Elite devalues the promotion seeing anyone can get it if they really wanted to for doing practically nothing. I like the idea of not forcing members to wear tags, but really now Elite is just a visual representation of meeting the requirement to be an admin or in a team.

Aside from that the concept of Legend is really good and adding in Elder or a similar rank would have been a good idea regardless of the changes to member/elite. Legend is a great concept to encourage people to keep going even if they can’t be staff or may not be the best choice for the job. Not everyone can be staff, but this still leaves room for people to “further themself” instead of virtually being hard stuck at Veteran (now Elder). Elder just gives people more to work for and should encourage people to keep working, more promotions for people to get means more reason for them to stay around. Although promotions really aren’t that important in the grand scope of things, they give people a reason to stay around and a sense of accomplishment. My only issue with Elder is that it sounds pretty cheesy and I think it would make more sense if it came before Vet. It could just be weird for me getting a rank here in a couple of months that it took me over a year to get in NsG, but it might seem more normal to people who haven’t been around these systems so long though.

The ranks are pretty bloated right now but in the long run I think it will work out after there are more promotions to certain ranks and people go inactive. In the end this should work out for the best it’s just gonna be weird at first.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:51 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:29116847
kinky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:13 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Cooper wrote:
KRYPTiC wrote:
Honestly, I just feel that member is almost pointless. I mean all you gotta do to get promoted is wear tags. Elite won't feel as much as an accomplishment as before. Like this, I'm sure there will be very few members. It's pretty much an upgraded rank of retired. I feel that the only new rank that makes sense is Legend. I think elder is just an unnecessary rank.

I agree with this for the most part. Having a specific, tangible requirement that anyone could accomplish to get Elite devalues the promotion seeing anyone can get it if they really wanted to for doing practically nothing. I like the idea of not forcing members to wear tags, but really now Elite is just a visual representation of meeting the requirement to be an admin or in a team.

Aside from that the concept of Legend is really good and adding in Elder or a similar rank would have been a good idea regardless of the changes to member/elite. Legend is a great concept to encourage people to keep going even if they can’t be staff or may not be the best choice for the job. Not everyone can be staff, but this still leaves room for people to “further themself” instead of virtually being hard stuck at Veteran (now Elder). Elder just gives people more to work for and should encourage people to keep working, more promotions for people to get means more reason for them to stay around. Although promotions really aren’t that important in the grand scope of things, they give people a reason to stay around and a sense of accomplishment. My only issue with Elder is that it sounds pretty cheesy and I think it would make more sense if it came before Vet. It could just be weird for me getting a rank here in a couple of months that it took me over a year to get in NsG, but it might seem more normal to people who haven’t been around these systems so long though.

The ranks are pretty bloated right now but in the long run I think it will work out after there are more promotions to certain ranks and people go inactive. In the end this should work out for the best it’s just gonna be weird at first.

Don’t get me wrong I somewhat agree to what you said but if you think about it nothing has changed that much and the only need we rank is Legend. For I, I’m still the same Veteran as in the old ranks, I still have the same permissions and expectations to go by, all that is different isn’t my rank title. I think this new member thing provides people with the chance to be in the community but not at the same time, where they can always put tags on whenever they feel like being in the community or not. You all are entitled to your own opinion but if you think about it it’s still the same community, jus with a slight different structure.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:40 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382

But this is kinda what I'm saying, if you're still the same Veteran, again, what's the point of a new rank? I feel with this new rank, as I kinda said before, Elite is of almost no value. Before, you actually had to work hard for it, now it's just like "oh you're wearing tags like you're supposed to? Here ya go then." Now, if member is pretty much a placeholder for the "you need to be a member for a month before you become an admin," now that would make sense. If they're wearing tags, promote them to Elite and then sign up for admin. But I just feel that's unnecessary. I saw nothing wrong with the old system, why fix it if it ain't broke?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:01 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
I guess you all don't like change that well.

As much as I would want more responsibilities to fulfil as the role "Elder", I don't mind it. I think it's good to have a change once in a while.

And just because someone gets promoted to Elite, doesn't mean they get given admin. They would still need to go through the process. (Apply for admin, gather responses from other admins, waits 1-2 weeks for a conclusion, donates $5, gets trained on administration etc). Not, hey you're Elite! Here's admin! Just when you get elite, you gain the eligibility to APPLY for admin.
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:02 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
KRYPTiC wrote:

But this is kinda what I'm saying, if you're still the same Veteran, again, what's the point of a new rank? I feel with this new rank, as I kinda said before, Elite is of almost no value. Before, you actually had to work hard for it, now it's just like "oh you're wearing tags like you're supposed to? Here ya go then." Now, if member is pretty much a placeholder for the "you need to be a member for a month before you become an admin," now that would make sense. If they're wearing tags, promote them to Elite and then sign up for admin. But I just feel that's unnecessary. I saw nothing wrong with the old system, why fix it if it ain't broke?

But you're not getting the point; technically you're an Elite now since you were promoted to Veteran (which is equivalent to Elite in old ranking structure). What happens now is when you pass the Recruit stage, you're a member. In order to qualify to get admin, you have to wear the EgN| tag for a whole month to be eligible for admin powers (as long when you apply and your application gets accepted) where you'll get promoted to what is now called Elite which is equivalent to the Member rank before the ranking structure changed.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:27 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
basically nothing really changed exept a few names and a few big changes in the recruitment and stuff
like, instead of having a whole month of wearing recruit tags and stuff and then having ppl vote on u and if they don't know u they migbt just vote no....

now u can have ppl that played with u or u played with give comment on u and based on that get accepted or denied.
then, if u want to be committed and actually do something in the community u wear the tags and climb ranks....(basically the month time that recruitment takes)

now for this system a few new names came up and the ranks basically moved up 1 step. (elite became vet, vet became elder...)

like: nothing really changed exept names for what matters to u guys at this point. so shouldn't be a problem there
for what recruits mean i only see improvements since u got people that u know and who know u comment and tell how u act instead of ALL people vote on u without knowing u.

thats not an issue is it? thats an improvement

and if u really want to be in the clan and help out u should atleast show u are committed and just wear the tags (wich is a small thing to do). and then u get rewarded by a rank up to elite and the possibility on an admin application if u like to.
and yes, elite might seem useless right now but now u can atleast make a difference between people that actually want to be in the clan and help out a lilttle bit and people that just wanna be here and have fun and stuff but don't like the tags forced upon them

in wich it is theire free will to not wear them and still be here. wich is now resolved.
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:47 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
You argue that it's not broke, but I'd argue that it was broke. You've seen the number of LOA's right? Like, just in the past month? "I don't want to be bound by tags" or "I want to be free to play other games" and shit like that. People are leaving, that's a problem. Recruits get denied because of the daunting task of getting to know everyone. Problem. We've got two major problems that need to be fixed.

We simply cannot run this community and not expect members to wear tags. It destroys the point. But we felt like we couldn't avoid the problem either. So we made the compromise of introducing a rank that anyone could stay at if they chose to, to technically be a part of the community without wearing tags. What do you name a rank like that? Naming it anything that's not "member" then having the next rank be "member" doesn't make any sense to what we are trying to accomplish. These people don't wear tags, sure, but they are a part of the community. So this rank must be named member. That means everything else up to staff has to be re-named. So instead of doing that, we re-named "Elite" to "Veteran" and "Veteran" to "Elder." So "Legend" is really the only "new" rank, alongside "Member." Elite isn't supposed to feel like a "promotion." (Hence it's literally the same color as the old Member). Beforehand, we didn't let people be admin or join teams until they've been in for 4 weeks anyway, so that's not different. To be honest, I wanted to put a rank "Certified Member" after Member, then use elite, vet, legend after that, but since it was so damn cheesy we didn't agree.

If people wanted to move up and get promoted and wear the tags, they needed an option to do so. You wear the tags, then you are given that option.

The recruits; yea Term explained that well enough so I won't.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

New Topic Post Reply  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3