>> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:09 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
winter wrote:
Birthstone wrote:
So now that I'm veteran (again) can I finally get sourcebans access again?

From what I understand from the meeting, the new ranking system doesn't work like that. The whole new rank system is now Recruit -> Member -> Elite -> Veteran -> Elder -> Legend. So, two new ranks of Elder and Legend, basically Elder (Veteran), Veteran (Elite), Elite (Members), Member (different color but doesn't wear tags) and recruit (all based on color and old ranking system). So, only Elders+ would have source ban permissions to extend their own bans like the old veteran in the old ranking system

Yeah, this is correct.

If you actually think a lot about it, the only really new ranks is Legend and the new Member. Some of us who weren't actually promoted, have the same rank, like I. I still have the same permissions as a Veteran before we changed would have, and you Birthstone, would have the same as an Elite.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

Social 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:28 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:230517
Great initiative! I think something between vet and staff is something that we have needed for some time. Congrats to the staff+ for agreeing and implementing the new structure!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:04 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382
Honestly, I just feel that member is almost pointless. I mean all you gotta do to get promoted is wear tags. Elite won't feel as much as an accomplishment as before. Like this, I'm sure there will be very few members. It's pretty much an upgraded rank of retired. I feel that the only new rank that makes sense is Legend. I think elder is just an unnecessary rank.

Last edited by North on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:10 am 
EgN Member
Nice I like this new system. I think getting rid of the whole voting aspect was a wise decision to make. That should definitely help the ease the pressure of getting new people in the clan through a easier process.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:16 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
I feel old now with the rank name lol. Interesting new system though, like the idea of it.

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:21 am 
Staff
Legend
Link wrote:
I feel old now with the rank name lol. Interesting new system though, like the idea of it.

We are the Elders, you must respect us Elders!

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:54 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
KRYPTiC wrote:
Honestly, I just feel that member is almost pointless. I mean all you gotta do to get promoted is wear tags. Elite won't feel as much as an accomplishment as before. Like this, I'm sure there will be very few members. It's pretty much an upgraded rank of retired. I feel that the only new rank that makes sense is Legend. I think elder is just an unnecessary rank.

It’s just a replacement for “Veteran.” Veteran replaces “Elite” and Elite replaces “Member.” The current member rank is a new rank altogether. Elite isn’t supposed to be an accomplishment.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:10 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
mattlikespie wrote:
KRYPTiC wrote:

It’s just a replacement for “Veteran.” Veteran replaces “Elite” and Elite replaces “Member.” The current member rank is a new rank altogether. Elite isn’t supposed to be an accomplishment.

And like said in the meeting, the "Member" role now is so if people doesn't want be bound to wearing the EgN| Tag, they don't have to, also it's so if people want to leave but don't want to become Retired and still want some involvement with the community, a Member role is more fitting as they have no or very little expectations. I'd say the only rule bound to members and everyone else is no double-clanning.

Also, I don't really see a difference between the Veteran rank before the structure change and Elder, it's the same. I was hoping we'd get more responsibilities/permissions...
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

Spoiler: Show

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:27 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:2416971
I can dig it. So Veteran is basically just Elite, right? If I am understanding this all correctly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:35 am 
Staff
Legend
SpazzO wrote:
I can dig it. So Veteran is basically just Elite, right? If I am understanding this all correctly.

Yes

New Topic Post Reply  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next