Login 

New Topic Locked  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:00 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
CT's cannot randomly enter nor check vents or secrets. They can only enter if they are 100% sure that a T is rebelling inside them.
CT's cannot camp secrets and vents and are encouraged to spend as little time as possible in them when pursuing rebellers.
CT's cannot camp near the exits of secrets or vents, or areas that lead to and from, without good reason.

There's three you could add to the !rules plugin that I feel cover all the bases regarding CT's & secrets and vents.

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:11 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
This may be an odd question but what if a CT is getting shot at by a rebelling T and uses a secret to run away or escape death? Technically a T would be rebelling so they could go in secrets but they aren’t using them to kill the T, but rather to hide from them.

An example would be on Razor if a CT was getting shot at from armory window or somewhere towards that direction and they jump into the Scout secret to get away but not pursue anyone. There is a rebel so they could enter a secret to pursue, but they know where the T is and instead are trying to use secrets to get away instead of pursue?

This may be a little weird to ask but I’ve seen a couple of times where CTs are getting shot at by rebellers and try to get away using a secret. I’m assuming no since they aren’t exactly doing their role and using secrets for other purposes than pursuing, but if its allowed it would be a pretty nifty thing to know.

(let Walter answer please)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:14 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:16728863
Cooper wrote:
This may be an odd question but what if a CT is getting shot at by a rebelling T and uses a secret to run away or escape death? Technically a T would be rebelling so they could go in secrets but they aren’t using them to kill the T, but rather to hide from them.

An example would be on Razor if a CT was getting shot at from armory window or somewhere towards that direction and they jump into the Scout secret to get away but not pursue anyone. There is a rebel so they could enter a secret to pursue, but they know where the T is and instead are trying to use secrets to get away instead of pursue?

This may be a little weird to ask but I’ve seen a couple of times where CTs are getting shot at by rebellers and try to get away using a secret. I’m assuming no since they aren’t exactly doing their role and using secrets for other purposes than pursuing, but if its allowed it would be a pretty nifty thing to know.

Ct's can't use secrets to escape a T, as they shouldn't technically know the secret is there

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:21 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
Dyno wrote:
Cooper wrote:

Ct's can't use secrets to escape a T, as they shouldn't technically know the secret is there

Uhhh... the clarification was changed to allow CTs to use any secret in order to kill a rebel. What essentially was being pushed for and was changed was that CTs are pretty much allowed to take any measure necessary to kill rebels (whether that be accessing another secret or opening one, as long as they had evidence of a rebel and they weren’t camping).

My question was pretty much if CTs are put in a bad position against rebellers if they are able to use secrets to get away and “Live to fight another day” so they have a higher chance of survival and killing the rebel.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:50 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382
Cooper wrote:
Dyno wrote:
Cooper wrote:

Uhhh... the clarification was changed to allow CTs to use any secret in order to kill a rebel. What essentially was being pushed for and was changed was that CTs are pretty much allowed to take any measure necessary to kill rebels (whether that be accessing another secret or opening one, as long as they had evidence of a rebel and they weren’t camping).

My question was pretty much if CTs are put in a bad position against rebellers if they are able to use secrets to get away and “Live to fight another day” so they have a higher chance of survival and killing the rebel.

They cannot use ANY secret to get to a rebeller. You're saying that they can break secrets, which is not allowed. We've gone through this already. If they're put into a "bad position" and the only way out was through a secret, they were most likely camping it. And Dyno said you shouldn't even know they were there so it's not an option for the CT.

Last edited by North on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:50 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
North wrote:
Cooper wrote:
Dyno wrote:
Cooper wrote:

They cannot use ANY secret to get to a rebeller. You're saying that they can break secrets, which is not allowed. We've gone through this already. If they're put into a "bad position" and the only way out was through a secret, they were most likely camping it.

pretty much your entire post is false according to the previous posts in here?
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:59 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Cooper wrote:
Dyno wrote:
Cooper wrote:

since the CT's role is never actually stated i dont see how it could be in their roles to not know where secrets are, but i would still agree with him that CT's cant use it to escape because their role is to kill rebelling T's and running away from the enemy is'it really gonna help that but idk thats a little fuzzy.
dont think there is a cut and dry anwser for that but im sure someone will find a solution one way or the other.

North wrote:
They cannot use ANY secret to get to a rebeller. You're saying that they can break secrets, which is not allowed. We've gone through this already. If they're put into a "bad position" and the only way out was through a secret, they were most likely camping it. And Dyno said you shouldn't even know they were there so it's not an option for the CT.

have you even read this post? your so wrong on so many levels...

WalterWhite wrote:
Guard/CT's RP
How that works for JB would be guard's/CT's can't enter secrets until they know a t is rebelling or it is open. ct's shouldn't be entering secrets to look for t's until its absolutely clear one is hiding in it e.a it being open,t killing/attacking a ct from it or there is a missing t.
please read this again kryptic...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:02 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
Cooper wrote:

No. The basic rule says "CT's can enter secrets to look for rebellers" ...

entering a secret to escape death is basic "do your role as CT" ... running away from the rebeller is clearly not doing your role.
Snapchat: Rozavelt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:27 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:145744030
Suggestion for Rule Revision:

Original:
>Guards cannot break vents. Any accidental breaking of vents is a slay-able offense. However, if a vent has been already opened, then a guard may enter it to pursue a prisoner.
If a guard is trapped in the vents after pursuing a prisoner, they may break a vent to exit only if there is no other way to exit the vent.

//NsG Revised Rules Sec: Guards/Warden, rule #23.

Edited to help in this situation:
>Guards cannot be the first to enter a secret (A T must enter first and be seen doing so; this includes but is not limited to vents, teleportation, invisible button, health, and weapon secrets). Accidental breaking of vents/entering or using secrets without proper cause is slay-able. If a vent is open and a T is missing (must already be known not to be in cells/AFK) then a guard is permitted to use said vent.

Note: Non-colored text is either not relevant to this situation, contradicts an existing rule, or is a citation/comment.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:27 pm 
Community Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Locking this thread for now.

We're, staff+, meeting together this weekend so we can find some middle ground as there seems to be A LOT of confusion based off wording along with members adding their own interpretations which are primarily, wrong.
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

New Topic Locked  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9